Question

Honor Student
brandonS772
Message 1 of 4 (523 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP ENVY m6-1125dx HDMI Driver for w8.1

Hello,

I have an HP Envy m6-1125dx that is still using windows 8. In January I upgraded to 8.1 but my hdmi port had some issues. If I was to plug in a monitor or tv using hdmi, the display would be black and white and very 8bit graphics like. The hdmi port and drivers work fine on windows 8. This appears to be a driver issue. When I had these problems I downloaded the most recent drivers on your support site for this model. The most recent from 10-2013 which I believe is around when 8.1 was released. The drivers did nothing to fix this issue.

Because a working hdmi port is important to me, I reverted back to windows 8. Now I see that Microsoft is going to be pushing people to update their windows 8 computers or possibly begin to not have support and security issues. I would like to be able to update this computer as I use it for work, but I need this to be able to connect to hdmi.

Will there be new drivers coming out for this soon? Is there drivers that I am missing? It is a bit frustrating that a computer that is about a year and a half old (slightly less then a year when 8.1 came out) doesn't have proper driver support, especially since it can't be bumped down to windows 7. Hopefully we can come up with a solution to my issue before I upgrade again!

Thank you.

Brandon

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 2 of 4 (517 Views)

Re: HP ENVY m6-1125dx HDMI Driver for w8.1

Hi, Brandon:

Did you try the Intel Graphics driver for W8.1 directly from Intel?

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=3711&DwnldID=23714&ProductFamily=Grap...

BTW, your model can be easily downgraded to W7 x64 by using the drivers and software from the Envy m6t-1000.

Just don't use any of the BIOS or firmware downloads.

Honor Student
brandonS772
Message 3 of 4 (486 Views)

The driver from 3-14 on the intel site worked. Thanks Paul. Obviously the driver wasn't available the last time I tried w8.1 but everything seems good now.

Thanks for the w7 drivers and info as well. I was under the impression this computer could not revert back. Certainly an option to consider but I will stick with w8.1 for now.

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 4 of 4 (484 Views)

You're very welcome.

Glad the Intel driver worked for you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation