11-02-2011 11:58 AM
I just got an HP elitebook 2760p. Everything works well...except that I cannot seem to get the touchscreen to work. Whether the screen is up (like a regular laptop), or flipped down (like a tablet), it does not respond to fingers or to the pen that comes with the computer. I have tried using the touch screen while using internet explorer, while using the "desktop" of windows 7, and also while booting up the computer with it flipped like a tablet.
There is probably a very simple answer...and once I get it, I'll feel like a beef mind, but for the life of me I can't figure it out. The computer did not come with a manual, but I looked up on the online manual and there is no information on "how to use the touch screen"
Is there something that I must "turn on" in Windows 7, or a switch somewhere on the side of the computer which I need to flip to use the touch screen?
12-29-2011 11:11 PM
my 2760p elitebook did not work also, now it works. what i did was:
1. re-install windows from hp windows 7 dvd recovery disc
2. install all hp drivers from hp software and drivers dvd recovery disc
3. update windows
4. use softpaq.exe to update drivers and softwares (careful, some softpaq might need manual installations)
but i still have 1 problem maybe it is a bug i haven't go to service center yet, my touch screen stop working when i do this:
1. (power off) remove batery
2. (power on) using power cord
3. (shutdown windows / power off) insert batery
4. (start windows / poer on) touch screen stop working
my stupid solution:
1. (while touch screen stop working) shutdown windows / power off
2. start windows (touch screen will works again)
03-28-2013 10:32 AM - edited 03-28-2013 10:33 AM
04-29-2014 10:10 AM
I've had my Elitebook 2760p for a while now and I've had an ongoing issue right from the start. The touch screen works with finger but the styllus has always been tempermental. It's now not been working for a few weeks and it's driving me mad! I've called HP helplines but they've been very unhelpful. Is there anything you can suggest?