Question

Student
Antonntminh
Message 1 of 3 (1,474 Views)

HP Envy 14 does not recognize external HDMI monitor

I've use the HDMI port on my HP ENvy 14 (with ATI HD5650 graphics) to export the display to my 22" LCD monitor for the past few month, but since yesterday, when I plugg in my HDMI cable, nothing happen, the ATI catalyst does not recognize any external display.

I've tried several method like uninstall the graphics driver and install the newest version on HP but no use. and when I switch on using the intel discrete graphics, I pluggin the HDMI cablle and its auto show a window that ask me to change to ATI Graphics, I press yes but still its does not show my monitor, I have press the "Detect Displays" button but I didn't see my monitor.

does anyone know how to fix this?

thanks

Honor Student
fredzilla
Message 2 of 3 (1,107 Views)

Re: HP Envy 14 does not recognize external HDMI monitor

Same here. Worked fine for ever with an HDMI out to my Dell DVI.

Now both HDMI->DVI and DisplayPort->DVI just don't recognize external monitor.

Honor Student
fredzilla
Message 3 of 3 (1,106 Views)

Re: HP Envy 14 does not recognize external HDMI monitor

Did a System Restore which removed a Windows Update and a couple of Intellitype patches. Now the HDMI out works!

Display Port -> DVI still inoperable, but i'm not sure if that ever worked (though i'd love to get it working with another monitor).

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation