Question

Top Student
LRocks
Message 1 of 4 (1,331 Views)

HP Envy-3040NR Brightness Won't Adjust in Windows 8

After I upgraded to Windows 8 I have been unable to adjust my brightness. It is stuck at 100%. I can toggle the brightness option and a widget will show, but the actual brightness doesn't change (doesn't matter where I try to adjust). I'm pretty sure its an issue with the driver. Have been waiting more than a few months for HP to release an updated driver, but one doesn't seem to be coming.

Is anyone else having this problem? 

Any fix suggestions?

PhD Student
Rixander
Message 2 of 4 (1,323 Views)

Re: HP Envy-3040NR Brightness Won't Adjust in Windows 8

go to the contral panel and select color management and i hope that will help and I did a gamma test and I can tell the brightness effect and I hope this helped
Please provide Kudos to whom has provided answers or
good points or advice..
Aslo if the questions or issues solved please check it
"Accepted"
Thanks and you are welcome _____ Rick
Top Student
LRocks
Message 3 of 4 (1,314 Views)

I went through the color management settings, toy'ed with the gamma settings, ran a calibration. I can adjust the color settings, but the brightness remains locked in place.

Top Student
LRocks
Message 4 of 4 (1,287 Views)

Any solutions?

This is the same issue as here:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-Systems-e-g-Windows-8-and-Software/Screen-brightness...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-Systems-e-g-Windows-8-and-Software/ENVY-15-3040NR-Br...

I've contacted HP support about this via chat, and it ended with them telling me to send in my computer or restore it or do a clean install. Being that its a driver issue, I don't think that will solve the problem....its also exausting.

HP: When will you be updating the driver for the HP Envy 3040NR?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation