Question

Honor Student
Seaso
Message 1 of 3 (2,065 Views)

HP Envy m6-1105dx black screen when turned on

[ Edited ]

Just got home from school and decided to turn on my HP Envy M6-1105dx (Windows 8). As I press the power button, it lights up and so does the keyboard. The only thing that doesn't light up is the screen which equals the black faint screen.

I can see my login screen but it is so faint that I have to use a flashlight to see it.

I decided to use a external monitor and it does displays my laptop on that external monitor. It works perfectly as in I can browse my OS and look at my files.

I checked on the internet that it could be a interver/LCD flex cable.

Could my laptop screen be broken?

Honor Student
Seaso
Message 2 of 3 (2,063 Views)

Re: HP Envy m6-1105dx black screen when turned on

[ Edited ]

^

Sorry for repost

Distinguished Professor
RedRose0528
Message 3 of 3 (1,994 Views)

Re: HP Envy m6-1105dx black screen when turned on

Hello Seaso,

I understand you computer is getting power but the images on the screen are very faint ist that correct?  I will do all I can to help you.

As you mentioned it could one of a couple different things I believe there is a physical issue going on. If you still covered under warranty I would recommend you contact the HP help desk, if you reside in the US or Canada the number is 1-800-474-6836. If you reside in another location you can contact HP worldwide support, click on this link and click your location.

Here is the service manual  for this computer if you decide you want to take a look within the computer information on page 90.

If I have been helpful or if you’d like to say thanks you can click the white star under my name to give me Kudos.  I really appreciate it.

Thank you

Clicking the White Kudos star on the left is a way to say Thanks!

Clicking the 'Accept as Solution' button is a way to let others know which steps helped solve the problem!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation