Question

Student
vashro
Message 1 of 1 (1,166 Views)

HP G61-511 HDMI no output

When I connect my HP g61-511WM (Windows 7 - AMD M880G ATI Radion HD4200) to an HDMI cable connected to my Digital TV my screen goes blank and my TV says "not support" (TV is a Memorex HDTV). I know my cable and TV works because I have connected my HP Pavilion dv4 to it and everything is fine. I try the windows key with "p" as well as fn - f4 to try and control the display selection - no good, both my laptop display is off as well as the TV display (says: not support (gotta love the english grammar))

I went to the hp drivers site and downloaded the latest drivers - still no joy.

I went to the AMD/ATI web site and downloaded their latest driver set (a version later than the hp provided one) - still no good.

I did a driver roll back to the previous version (prior to the latest hp download) still no good.

I went through all the troubleshooting tips that I could find, including downloading a version of SIW to see the actual hardware version I have in the laptop and make sure the drivers were correct for the hardware I have... still no joy.

Any other thoughts would be helpful!

i might mention that the laptop is a "refurbished" unit, this might suggest a hardware problem....

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation