HP G72 DISPLAY PROBLEM (943 Views)
Honor Student
Jago90
Message 1 of 4 (943 Views)

HP G72 DISPLAY PROBLEM

Hi,

I have a big problem with my HP G72-b30SM laptop display. A few days back it stopped working, it's all black, no image nothing... but if i connect it to external monitor there is image. I changed the display and connection cable, but still nothing. I have tried to hold power button (with no battery or power supply attached) for 30 seconds and didn't help.

Yesterday display start to work, miricly, but don't know why and then after 20 minutes of working has stopped working. 

Does enyone have any thoughts or can help me what is wrong with display? Where is the inverter in HP G72 laptop? is it the board with power button and controler for lid close/open ?

Please help me, I don't know what else could be wrong...

Thank you

Distinguished Professor
AxshunJaxun
Message 2 of 4 (890 Views)

Re: HP G72 DISPLAY PROBLEM

Hey Jago90, 

I'm sorry to hear you're running into this issue with the blank screen. The LED Brightview Display panel doesn't require an inverter. 

Do you see any flickering when you move the lid/screen up and down? It could be that the display panel cable is loose. 

You can also try reseating the RAM. If you have two sticks, try using just one stick at a time in either slot. 

Hope these steps help! Let me know what results you get. I'll keep an eye out for your reply :smileyhappy:

Honor Student
Jago90
Message 3 of 4 (857 Views)

Non of these things solved problem. But now I have another problem :/ laptop wont power up.... when i connect it to the power suply the blue led lights on lan port and the blue led lights on the activity light once and then nothing, but the blue led where the power jack is plugged un is lighting .... 

any thoughts?

thank you

Distinguished Professor
AxshunJaxun
Message 4 of 4 (847 Views)

If you took at the RAM, make sure it is completely seated snuggly into the slots. What other steps did you try? The only other thing I mentioned was asking if the screen flickers when you move it up and down. 

I would suggest trying a hard reset as the next quickest and less invasive step. This can sometimes fix strange issues because it drains all of the electricity out of the unit. Here are the steps for a Hard Reset. Once you've held the power button with the battery out for about 10 seconds, release the power button and put the battery back in. Plug the power cord back in and press the power button. Let me know if it powers on or not.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation