HP G72 Notebook PC - Webcam drivers not installed, can't find download anywhere (4377 Views)
Honor Student
Conzy210
Message 1 of 6 (4,377 Views)

HP G72 Notebook PC - Webcam drivers not installed, can't find download anywhere

I sent my laptop off to be fixed, it came back and the webcam doesn't work anymore.. the drivers are missing and i can't find the download anywhere.. help?

thanks

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 6 (4,375 Views)

Re: HP G72 Notebook PC - Webcam drivers not installed, can't find download anywhere

[ Edited ]

Please identify your notebook with the p/n.
See the barcoded sticker on the bottom of the notebook or on the bottom of any HP Support Assistant window or on the bottom of a Screen in the BIOS.

It also helps in a big way to post what the installed operating system is and the version (32 or 64-bit)

Best regards,
erico

Help others seeking a solution by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Honor Student
Conzy210
Message 3 of 6 (4,368 Views)

Re: HP G72 Notebook PC - Webcam drivers not installed, can't find download anywhere

There is no sticker, I'm going into the BIOS now however I'm not entirely sure what I'm looking for, I know my operating system is windows 7 64-bit however.

Sorry about being so useless 

Provost
erico
Message 4 of 6 (4,364 Views)

Hi,

Conzy210 wrote:

There is no sticker, I'm going into the BIOS now however I'm not entirely sure what I'm looking for, I know my operating system is windows 7 64-bit however.

Sorry about being so useless 

No worries. :smileyhappy:

How to identify your HP G series notebook.

Best regards,

erico

Help others seeking a solution by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having

Honor Student
Conzy210
Message 5 of 6 (4,361 Views)

Product name: HP G72 Notebook Pc

Product number: VY069EA#ABU

is this all I need?

Provost
erico
Message 6 of 6 (4,347 Views)

Conzy210 wrote:

Product name: HP G72 Notebook Pc

Product number: VY069EA#ABU

is this all I need?

Yes. The web support portal for your notebok is here.

Fixing webcam issues in Windows 7.

I recommend using the HP Support Assistant to find and install the drivers.

webcam.png

Best regards,

erico

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation