Question

Student
sarumohan
Message 1 of 3 (436 Views)

HP G72 Notebook display Flickers

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I have HP G72 Notebook PC, Serial Number: {Removed for privacy} with Windows 7 installed.

1. Display flickers very badly sometimes when i see any video or skype call...it flickers very badly and monitor display goes blank. any idea , how to recover this problem?.

2. Sometimes, Notebook goes off automatically, when i restart it says over heating.  I am placing the laptop in Wooden table only. How to get rid of this problem.?.

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Saru

Tutor
HP_Michael
Message 2 of 3 (422 Views)

Re: HP G72 Notebook display Flickers

Hi,

Does your notebook flickers only when using skype, or is it throughout the use of the notebook?  If it is throughout the notebook, try booting into the BIOS by pressing F10 during startup to see if it flickers there.  If it flickers in BIOS, then it seems that your LCD display may be failing.  If not, then your graphics card may need to be updated.

About the overheating message, boot into BIOS and reset to defaults by pressing F9 and select yes.  Then press F10 to exit.  Once your finish, visit the www.hp.com with your product # to see if their are any BIOS and graphics card update for your product.

I work for HP
Master's Graduate
Jolly_Rogers
Message 3 of 3 (419 Views)

Re: HP G72 Notebook display Flickers

Check if you increase your Refresh rate in the display settings. Also is this issue related only to Skype video calls?

You might want to check this document:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&taskId=120&prodSeriesId=...

Pertaining to the unit overheating, I will suggest you to update the latest BIOS for your notebook and also clean the FAN vents.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&taskId=120&prodSeriesId=...

Most of the overheating issues are related to clogged FAN vents which might be causing the unit to shutdown.

Although I am an HP Employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation