Question

Honor Student
TheRagingGoat
Message 1 of 1 (131 Views)

HP HDX-16t Display Completely Black

Hello,

I was trying to fix a problem which led to a bigger problem...  The HDX-16t had an edge-to-edge screen, which makes it very difficult to clean the LCD itself or the glass or plastic bezel which the LCD is glued to.  I had a bug crawl behind the bezel, and my wife squished it, thinking it was on the outside.

So, I used the maintenance and service manual to disassemble the laptop until I realized that I could not actually get behind the bezel because it was glued.  I decided to put the computer back together, only to find that the computer will not display any video.

Here's what I've tried:

- Unplugging and reseating all display cables.

- I discovered that one of the display cable pins was bent, and I fixed it.

- I tried removing the battery and power cable and holding down the power button to remove static electricity.

- I tried connecting the laptop to an external monitor via VGA, and I tried pushing several combinations of Function keys to try and get the display to show up.

Here's what's happening:

- The computer itself starts up, hard drives spinning, power light on, GPU fan spinning.

- The backlights are not turning on.

- There is no faint text on screen, indicating that the display assembly as a whole is having a problem.

- The case cover LED wires were disconnected (broken) accidentally, but I don't think that should cause the problem.

- As I said, a display cable pin ( connecting to the motherboard) was bent, but I straightened it.

Any additional ideas?  I'm out of warrantee, and I really like my 1080p display.

Thanks!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation