Question

Student
Jasperr1
Message 1 of 2 (76 Views)

HP HDX 16t screen issues (Wont display anything via ports or screen)

[ Edited ]

Hey!

So I have had my HP HDX 16t for about 5 years now and about 1-1/2 years ago my screen decided to stop working and its been sitting collection dust ever since. I thought I would try and figure out what is wrong with it since i miss my laptop! When it broke 1-1/2 years ago I tried hooking my laptop up to an external monitor (via VGA and via HDMI) and I got nothing. So I have no way of displaying anything. I dont think it is a backlight issue because I would have gotten something out of the display when I hooked it up. Everything powers up just fine, the backlit keyboard works as well as the cd drive, however the caps lock and num lock cannot be turned off. So as of right now this laptop is worthless and im not sure what is wrong. Please help. 

HP Support Agent
BHK6
Message 2 of 2 (45 Views)

Re: HP HDX 16t screen issues (Wont display anything via ports or screen)

Hi Jasperr1,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I saw your post regarding the problems the laptop you are trying to bring back. From what you have posted it does sound like there is a hardware issue with your notebook. The Num and Caps Lock keys flashing in an indication of an error. They should be blinking in a pattern. This HP support document Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps has a section that will tell you what the blink codes mean. Two of the blink codes indicate a BIOS problem and that is the only ones we can troubleshoot and the only troubleshooting step is Restoring the BIOS. If you want it working again I would recommend taking it to a local technician to have them look at it.

Thank you,

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation