HP HDX 18 Screen Scratches (5086 Views)
Intern
pachevyman
Message 1 of 112 (5,086 Views)

HP HDX 18 Screen Scratches

Hello,

This is my first time posting here and I hope someone can help. I have an HP HDX 18 laptop that I bought a few months ago. The problem i'm having is the screen touches the key board and i'm starting to get scratches from it. Does anyone else have this problem? Is this something that HP knows about and will fix? I'm really bothered by this problem. I switched from Dell to HP because I thought they had a better product and i really like the big screen. I really love this laptop. But and i hate to be **bleep**,  these scratches really bother me. To the point where i don't even enjoy using the laptop. Thanks for any info on this subject.

Intern
dangerous
Message 2 of 112 (5,059 Views)

Re: HP HDX 18 Screen Scratches

Same Problem here.  Screen is rubbing on the quick launch buttons.

Sent it to HP to fix.  so Stupid they hey told me my Laptop doesn' t have quick launch buttons.  

THey wont' fix it either.  My Laptop is just over 2 months in my possestion.  

DO NOT BUY FROM HP.  Take you laptop back..

Structural Defects should be repaired by HP but they won't fix. 

Regents Professor
Kalt
Message 3 of 112 (5,055 Views)

dangerous wrote:

Same Problem here.  Screen is rubbing on the quick launch buttons.

Sent it to HP to fix.  so Stupid they hey told me my Laptop doesn' t have quick launch buttons.  

It doesn't have Quicklaunch buttons, it has a touch-sensitive capacitive strip.

Intern
dangerous
Message 4 of 112 (5,048 Views)

Also know as the quick launch buttons.  as that is what they refer to when you BT mouse won't work, they tell you to diable the quick launch buttons as a fix.

I know they are not "buttons"  that would be fairly "old school" 

they didnt' even look at the laptop and made their determination that they won't cover it.

I'm taking it back to the store where i got it when it returns, they will either take it back or it will be a dispute.   either way.  I was a big supporter of HP until today..

I als purchase computers for our business..  One less provider to deal with.

Intern
pachevyman
Message 5 of 112 (5,028 Views)

Thanks for the replies. Thats too bad that they don't stand behind their products. I switched from Dell recently becuase HP seemed like it had better customer service. Guess i'm switching back. I never had a problem like this with Dell. everything always worked great both mechanically and cosmetically.

Thanks again 

Intern
dangerous
Message 6 of 112 (5,018 Views)

I was looking at an HP INDIGO S2000 for our business.

I called my Business rep, following up on a call from him yesterday, and told him I fired HP and will not buy another HP product including what he was trying to sell.    Fyi, the INDIGO is a $200,000 + machine.

Intern
pachevyman
Message 7 of 112 (5,012 Views)

I have at this point the laptop set up to be returned for service. i ask about the reformatting of the hard drive and was told that unless i take the hard drive out it would be reformatted. don't understand this. Hopefully i'll get it back fixed. I'll have to keep a microfiber cloth between the screen and the key board from now on. i thought about selling it but i would hate to pass along this problem.
Intern
dangerous
Message 8 of 112 (5,009 Views)

typical HP.  They are pretty stupid.  I'm sure the will format mine.

Then i will send it back again overnight each way to have them fix something.  IE.  the quote Non existent "quick launch buttons" that was replied to above, I will have them fix them as when i use my MS Bluetooth mouse, i get an HID error of some sort.

The fix it to disable the non existent "quick launch buttons".  

I will have them fix that, the power strip as it not working, the list will go on.  

Associate Professor
Sanchertx
Message 9 of 112 (4,821 Views)

Hello,

On what side of the screen ( facing you ) are the scratches happening? I am very concerned about this problem, Would it be possible to take a picture of this and forward to this email address? I will open up a formal communication with you on this issue.

email - HP.Total.Care.Notebooks@hp.com

regards,

I am an HP employee.

"Did my response help with your issue? If so, please give me Kudos by clicking the "Kudos" button or mark the post that solved your problem as the Accepted Solution. Thanks!"
Intern
pachevyman
Message 10 of 112 (4,812 Views)

Hi and thanks for the resopnse. I have pictures of the scratches. there are several. the largest of the scratches is on the right side facing about 2 inches from the bottom of the frame. There is another scratch that goes across the top of the screen, and a small one the is just to the left of center screen. The pics i have are on the hard drive that belongs with this laptop. The hard drive is sitting on my desk. the HP customer service tech said i could remove the drive before i sent the machine in for service. (machine is there now) I will gladly send the photos once i get access to them. I'm concerned too. They said that they would replace the screen, but that is not going to solve the problem. If you look through the gap when the laptop is closed you can see the screen resting right on the key board. there is no way to fix this. It would seem like some kind of design flaw.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation