HP HDX16 Screen Problem (Fuzzy, blurry, flickering) (341 Views)
Honor Student
PrinceGeorge
Message 1 of 2 (341 Views)

HP HDX16 Screen Problem (Fuzzy, blurry, flickering)

Hi,

My laptop fuzzy,blurry, and flickering and vertical line, problem. i tryed it on the external monitor,same problem(fuzzy,blurry, and flickering ) The monitor gose black after.

The things i have tryed.

1. Linux live CD- same problem

2 removed HD and ran linux live cd -same problem

3. Complate system restore -same problem

4 external monitor -same problem

5 updated the latest bios and nvidia driver - same problem

6 turned on the A/C to cool the laptop - same problem

please help

HP HDX16

X16-1040us

Windows Vista 64bit

Regents Professor
HaggisCat
Message 2 of 2 (323 Views)

Re: HP HDX16 Screen Problem (Fuzzy, blurry, flickering)

[ Edited ]

You have covered all the correct trouble shooting steps and I will confirm whet you probably already know and that is the system board or the video card specifically is at fault.

You can get the solder reflowed on the video chip, but that is just a temporary solution. E-bay has lots of MoBo's for sale. Make sure the part numbers match and that will be found underneath the RAM. You can substitute a newer MoBo with better components, but then you HP recovery DVD's may not work.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=hp+hdx+16+mother+board&_sacat=0&_odkw=hp+hdx+16+system+board&_os...

Here's a guy that has the correct machine for a reflow or a permanent solution is to reball the card with new solder.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-DV2000-DV6000-DV9000-TX1000-Laptop-No-Video-REPAIR-/260674058980?pt=LH_De...

It's unusual for the HDX to have this problem, are you gaming on it allot and causing it to run hot ?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation