HP HP - Split x2 Ultrabook Model 13-g110dx Touch Freezes (1417 Views)
Top Student
Gl3NNM
Message 1 of 13 (1,417 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP HP - Split x2 Ultrabook Model 13-g110dx Touch Freezes

I recently purchased a HP HP - Split x2 Ultrabook - Model # 13-g110dx and I am pretty happy with the ultrabook. The ultrabook came installed with Windows 8 which I upgraded to Windows 8.1 and after that all Windows 8.1 updates were installed and the latest drivers from HP as well. However I have noticed that the touch stops responding after sometime and I have to restart the laptop to make it work again. 

Another issue I've seen today is the touch pad stopped responding and I again had to restart. Is there any way to diagnoize whats happening and fix the issue?

HP Support Agent
BHK6
Message 2 of 13 (1,374 Views)

Re: HP HP - Split x2 Ultrabook Model 13-g110dx Touch Freezes

Hi Gl3NNM,

Welcome to the HP Forums! I see that you are having some issues with the TouchPad. Do you notice a light in the upper left corner of your TouchPad? A feature of HP notebooks is that you can double-tap the upper left corner to enable and disable the laptop. I have also included a link to a document below with about troubleshooting the TouchPad. I have also included the 8.1 driver for your computer, try installing it again.

Using and Troubleshooting the TouchPad:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c03523373&tmp_task=solveCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&lc...

Synaptics TouchPad Driver:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-124213-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en...=

Let me know how it goes.

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

Top Student
Gl3NNM
Message 3 of 13 (1,363 Views)

Thanks BHK 6.

I've reinstalled the Synaptics TouchPad Driver just now and I will give it a day to see how the system behaves and if it fixed the issue I will update this thread.

Also the device I have isn't a Notebook but an Ultrabook

HP Split - this is the device that I am using and it doesn't have a light on the left corner as you mentioned. 

The second problem I have is with the touch itself. Sometimes the touch stops working just like that and a restart is whats needed to fix that. Do you think you might have a solution for this as well.

Thanks.

HP Support Agent
BHK6
Message 4 of 13 (1,354 Views)

Hi GI3NNM,

The touchscreen not working could just be a software error of some sort and that is why turning it off and on gets it working. I have included a document below about troubleshooting touchscreen. There are several troubleshooting steps in there.

Troubleshooting Touch Screen Issues Windows 8:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&docname=c03488148#N514

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP

Top Student
Gl3NNM
Message 5 of 13 (1,340 Views)

Installing the Synaptics TouchPad Driver made no difference. The touchpad still stops working on and off and I still need to restart the ultrabook

Any other way to identify what might be causing this?

HP Support Agent
BHK6
Message 6 of 13 (1,335 Views)

Hi Gl3NNM,

There be another software glitch doing on that could be causing the problem. Below, I have a couple of links for your to try. The first is System File Checker which looks for and fixes file corruptions. The second link is for a Disk Check that will check for errors on your drive.

System File Checker:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

Check Disk:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP

Honor Student
obnol96
Message 7 of 13 (1,308 Views)

Did you ever find a solution? I had this problem with mine until I refreshed my pc which went back to windows 8 and its been fine, but I'm wondering if it was 8.1 that caused this or something else because I would like to go back to 8.1
Top Student
Gl3NNM
Message 8 of 13 (1,300 Views)

No - No solution until now. And I might not have an option to refresh the PC as well since I've installed MS Office 2013 and I am not sure how the licensing will be affected. Will reach out to HP Technical Support this week and update the thread.

Honor Student
ChadsX2
Message 9 of 13 (1,289 Views)

same issue here.

basically have to turn screen off then back on both for the touch or when the clickpad quits responding...

Top Student
Gl3NNM
Message 10 of 13 (1,282 Views)

I just got off the call with HP Tech Support - HP knows about thie issue but there is no ETA on the solution. I guess, unless all customers start calling them and hounding them, there is little incentive for HP to deal with Intel and Synaptics to provide the new drivers.

As of now, HP logged a ticket and will give me a call in a weeks time - else I will call them in a week.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation