HP Laptop DV4 Screen Goes Black (6690 Views)
Top Student
bailey17
Message 1 of 4 (6,690 Views)

HP Laptop DV4 Screen Goes Black

Recently, the screen to my laptop has been going black. The computer does not turn off, the screen just goes black. The laptop has been getting very hot too, I don;t know if these are connected and I do not know if it is getting any hotter than it used to. I have had the laptop for roughly a year. The laptop seems to be running slower as well, not dramatically though. Let me know if anyone can help.

Thanks,

Stephen

Student
cjakob
Message 2 of 4 (6,654 Views)

Re: HP Laptop DV4 Screen Goes Black

I've the same problem on a dv4-1225dx. Have issued a service request to HP. Seems a HW problem. Mine shows a brief fash of the windows login page and it seems to logon because the HD light keeps blinking as if it was working.

Top Student
bailey17
Message 3 of 4 (6,623 Views)

I've gotten that a few times, my problem occurs after I completely log on and while I'm using it. The computer also seems slower, but that may be because it's running low on memory...I run Trend Micro scans every day so I'm pretty sure it isn;t a virus. Let me know what kind of response you get please.

Student
user-376
Message 4 of 4 (5,213 Views)

I had the same problem for a while

first started that the screen would go black but could see some image

then it began that only half open 1/4 open or partial open it would turn on

then it just stop turning on one day no screen no power or lights

i spoke to a repair shop they said it was the GPU failing or gone bad.

so i opened the unit and put a heat gun on the GPU for about 3 to 5 minutes

the first time nothing happened the second time it started up and now working for about a week

try it it may work for you

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation