Question

Honor Student
abutek
Message 1 of 98 (22,266 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP MINI 1000 Webcam very dark

Why is the webcam on the mini 1000 very dark.

Are there any present solutions or future solutions available? I searched around without any luck.

Student
minime1000
Message 2 of 98 (22,214 Views)

Re: HP MINI 1000 Webcam very dark

Ditto... I hope HP has a fix for this otherwise It was a waste to even put the webcam in there.
Student
BigTech
Message 3 of 98 (22,165 Views)

I am having the same problem with my new mini 1030nr... when I try to use the built-in webcam the camera capture is very dark... if I have a light directly behind me you can start to see an outline... but the captured image is still mostly black.

Is there a way to configure the web cam? I couldn't find any way to make it any better...

Any answers HP???

Honor Student
FamousPotatoes
Message 4 of 98 (21,933 Views)

I have the same problem. It's nothing that HP is going to be able to fix with a driver though. If your computers are anything like mine, the bezel was manufactured incorectly, and a silver film that is supposed to form a ring around a clear lens for the webcam covers the entire camera instead. Looking at another HP laptop with a functional webcam, and the promotional images on the HP site it's clear that my bezel doesn't look like it's supposed to. Tell the tech support reps that and see if you can get it swapped out without jumping through a million software and driver hoops.
Top Student
xxdejavu
Message 5 of 98 (21,769 Views)

Honor Student
abutek
Message 6 of 98 (21,697 Views)

Thanks for the find but it didn't work for my computer (HP mini 1000). I tried both the driver by itself and also the installation software from HP. Am I missing something? The errors I'm getting are "The system is not supported" and "The specified location does not contain information about your hardware" from the installation software and the individual driver respectively.

Can anyone help?

thanks

Top Student
xxdejavu
Message 7 of 98 (21,610 Views)

did you try manually update your driver from device manager? or maybe you should try to uninstall all webcam driver, restart then try update it from device manager manually, i did mine and it's success with manually update (mine is HP mini 1001TU) 
Honor Student
androo376
Message 8 of 98 (21,607 Views)

Same problem as everyone.  I can confirm that this fix doesn't work on my 1035NR.  On a manual driver update I get the message "The specified location does not contain information about your hardware."  I should note that I'm trying to update the "USB Imaging Device" in case this is the wrong thing.

Tech support couldn't even figure out where to route my call for my mini.  I was on the phone for 40 minutes and spoke to five different people who kept telling me I was in the wrong department.  Award winning?  I'm taking it back.

Top Student
gomab2k4
Message 9 of 98 (21,581 Views)

I bought this (1035NR) and a Samsung NC10 for my wife to choose for Christmas. She fell in love with the HP...until we tried to test out the webcam on Skype. It is unacceptable for the camera to be so bad. I will be returning it, but if the camera issue is resolved in the near future, I will be glad to buy it again...
Top Student
xxdejavu
Message 10 of 98 (21,558 Views)

As i know, i'm fixing that problem, by using OS Vista but you are using XP. Because in Vista that device will appear as a normal webcam device, however, in XP it appears as USB device. I will try to find and then solve it, while that you just wait..and I will upadate it soon for the solution in XP.

as a prove i did send a pictures on this link http://www.speaking-up.com/blog/?p=662

So to all the users of the new HP products, I will put the update in http://speaking-up.com about the problem that can be solved, I will try to give the best solution that you have.

Thanks, 

www.speaking-up.com

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation