Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi,

This driver is intended for switchable video cards. If you follow the exact instructions it should work.

The driver was tested on DV6-3298en with Win7 64-bit and ATI Radeon Mobility 6550, installed and uninstalled many times without problems.

In what manner you failed to update it?

BR,

Andrew

HP Recommended

Hi, 

I have an HP Envy 14 with ati 5650 switchable graphics and have been having the same problem. I have come across some graphical artifacts and dodgy textures whilst playing 'Skyrim' so want t get this sorted! 

I have been unable to update my video card drviers beyond the old 2010 ones supplied by hp, will this method work for me?n Also, if i were to do it, would i have to go via the 11.2 drivers?

Thanks very much!:smileyhappy:

HP Recommended

hi, 

i'v been trying to update my 5650 drivers for a while now and had no idea how to do it before i was directed to this thread. I'm running hp envy 14  with switchable graphics (ati mobility radeon hd 5650) and it sounds like you've got it sorted!

where are these magic drivers available from and are there instructions on what to do because i am illiterate when it comes to stuff like this! oh and is it compatible with windows 7?

Thanks a lot!:smileyhappy:

HP Recommended

Hi al3x_7,

Before you proceed, please make a system restore point.

This drivers is intended for Envy 14 notebook with Windows 7 64-bit ONLY!

Download the drivers from: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KJWXZG9D (copy&paste in browser if not working)

Follow my instructions from: http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Display-and-Video/HP-NEW-Driver-NEEDED-for-ATI-Mobility-Radeon... message 15

After system reboot, go to http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=35 and update your DirectX

Reboot after install.

Please note that i didn't tested this driver... please post if encounter any problems.

Best regards,

Andrew

HP Recommended

Hi all, Im thinking of installing this driver for my HP Pav DV6 laptop wiht AT 5650 card. Did it work?

Did anyone have any problems with it?

HP Recommended

This seems to work great, fixed all the problems i've been seeing and everything seems stable, fixable graphics still work etc! Thanks a lot!

HP Recommended

Hi,

is there available driver for radeon hd 6490m - for hp probook 4330. I am looking for driver update, but i could not find anything 😞 What do you think, would your modified driver be applicable for my notebook?

Thanx

HP Recommended

Hey guys,

I am also attempting to find an updated driver for my HD 5650 to play skyrim. I tried the download posted by andrew but was unable to install it correctly I guess. I have  an envy 14 beats edition, and used the envy 14 link (which I assume should work). once installed the resolution was messed up and my laptop kept saying there were no ati video cards installed. I tried to run skyrim but the game wouldnt even render and the determined graphic settings was on low. Anyone have any suggestions on modded drivers or fixes for the skyrim texture program? Also Andrew let me know if I can assist you with the driver you posted.

Thanks alot,

Matt

HP Recommended

Hi Hankey79,

I am glad to help you. Indeed, the drivers should work.... but I didn't had how to test them.

First, please post the exact model no. of you Envy 14 laptop and what version of windows 7 you use, 32-bit or 64-bit.

Best regards,

Andrew

HP Recommended

Hey mate,

Got a dv7-4285 here with a graphics card oh...a year out of date?

Can you reupload the driver for an ATI Mobility Radeon HD6370? Your current link appears to have been removed (the file that is).

On a related topic, is the AMD card soldered to the motherboard on this model? I was seriously debating getting this thing replaced considering that

1- It's not a new card strictly speaking - just a remake/rename of an older one

2- Completely insufficient for the graphics work I intend to do

3- Apparently the driver updates are left in the hands of HP. And as is clearly evident, the updating process is mediocre at best

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.