Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I just read through the entire thread (this is probably the 3rd full time) just to be sure. Downloaded the newly (reposted) zip file and followed the simple instructions to install from 'have disk'. The installation just finished and my driver is now at 8.881.0.0 from the original 8.772.x.x. Pretty sure it worked, now I just need to test on a game!!!!

IF IT DOES WORK, I NEED TO GIVE YOU BOTH A GIANT FRIKIN HUGE HUG!!!!! I've been so discouraged by the responses given by HP and the non-support of over a year from this video card. This is all it took from a friendly community member. I will restart and test and post the results. 

HP Recommended

Just restarted and it seems the update has gone through! Thank you very much for all the help guys. Did notice the AMD website has an updated driver at revision #11.11 (FYI this is not the actual driver #, just the one used on the catalyst control center and AMD website) but hey I am NOT complaining. This is a huge jump from the previous crap HP left on the site.

BTW, I'm on a DV6t-3000 CTO Select Edition w/ Radeon 5650 (w/ switchable graphics), 64-bit Windows 7. 

I will closely be following this thread for further updates. Thank you again so much @Prston & @! Please let me know if there is a better/more appropriate driver for my specific computer.

HP Recommended

I have had my HP DV7-4069WM laptop for about 8 months and I noticed long ago that they (HP) were way behind on updating the graphics drivers.  I personally have not had any problems using latest drivers from AMD.  I have done so since the purchase of my laptop.  I do wish they would more frequently update the graphics drivers on all there products.  Graphics are always being updated versus other hardware on computers.  HP needs to put more effort into keeping these updated.  That's just my humble opinion. 

HP Recommended

Hey guys,

Just another in need of the hp envy beats driver update. I had the exact same problem at Matt. Cheer,

Stu

HP Recommended

I too could really use those drivers. Just to specify, the product number is XZ211UA#ABA. Thanks in advance!

HP Recommended

Hi all,

I'm running into a similar issue trying to use Sony Vegas Pro 11 with GPU acceleration and the HP Envy Beats 14 with the Radeon 6630M.  I think I need an updated driver.  It says I have Driver Packaging Version 8.83.6.2 and Catalyst Control Center 2011.0412.2341.40734.

My product # is LR 198AV.

Thanks!

HP Recommended

Hi,

I've been looking for a driver update for quite a while now. I tried to install the driver that was provided in the forum but it's not compatible with my laptop.

I'm using Pavilion dv6-3050us; my product key is WQ687UA#ABA

I'm using Windows 7 64bit.

Please help me update my ATI 5650 driver as I'm having a lot of difficulties in games due to the old driver.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hello,

Sorry for the late reply, but I'm very busy this days.... 😞

I uploaded a modded driver version for dv6-3050us at this link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0HCAD2A1 

The drivers use the latest Catalyst 11.11c. Note that this driver is not a HP official version.

Please follow the instructions posted earlier in this thread to update the drivers.

Best regards,

Andrew

HP Recommended
Andrew will that 11.11c driver work in my dv6t-3000 special edition as well? Same graphic card 5650 and your other dricer worked.

Thanks in advance
HP Recommended

Hi Andrew,

Thank you very much for your help. I've installed the driver for dv6-3050us; however the switchable graphics feature is not working anymore, i.e. when I unplug the laptop it still stays on Radeon 5650 and does not switch to 4650. I was wondering if there was a way to fix it.

Once again, thank you for your help. really appreciate it.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.