Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

The subject heading says it all.  After upgrading to windows 7 after installing a new hard drive,

the built-in microphone no longer works.  Gee...I wish I had known it wouldn't be compatible BEFORE

installing windows 7 so that I could make a different choice so I could keep SKYPing with my family overseas.

Hp needs to make a driver available to the owners of their

fine laptops.  That is, if they want customer loyalty to continue.  Mac is looking better all the time.

By the way, I find it interesting my original post about this issue is missing, as well as all the ones from other users having the same issue.     Hmmmmm.....

Suggestions anyone?

18 REPLIES 18
HP Recommended

Hi,

Which driver are You using now?

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended

Hi,

i'm having the same problem, the speakers works very well but the built in mic is not recognized, and now i can't use skype the way i used to. I'm using the updated Conexant High-Definition Audio Driver downloaded direct from hp drivers support, in this forum (http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Operating-systems-and-software/Windows7-Upgrade-Guide-for-dv6000-dv9000...)says that this driver would work fine but it didn't for me. Please help, im using win7 ultimate 32 bits.

HP Recommended

Same here. HPDV6000 series using Win7. 

Standard drivers work for XP but not Win7

{Edited for language}

HP Recommended

@Raaaabert

Hi.

Go to:

Control Panel -> Sound

and choose there recording tab. Say something to mic and check voice level bar there. Is it moving or not?

If not then write down Your p/n which is under Your computer and looks like this.

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended

What do you do after you have the P/N written down and where do you go to fix it? Cause I need it to have for school and if I had known that it would do this I would have not changed the operating system.

HP Recommended

My mic also not working after upgrade driver from HP site, **bleep** no more solutions?

HP Recommended

Hi my microphone also doesnt work on windows 7 Ultimate...when i try to find my product to hp.com i can't,then i try

Automatic Product Detection but app cant find my laptop WTF is that? my product number is KW082#AB

In bottom of laptop(where the product numer is) product name is pavilion dv6700....In the top of screen product name is

Pavilion dv6000...what laptop do i have i dont know :(...it would be good if u could reply to my e-mail.

HP Recommended

sir,

my laptops microphone and fingerprint reader is not working so please tell me how to download latest drivers for my laptop.

i am using windows 7

my laptops P/N is- KD311PA#ACJ

HP Recommended

Ok I am having the same problem with the microphone not working after my upgrade to windows 7 and i really need help...

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.