HP PAVILION DV6000 MICROPHONE NOT WORKING AFTER UPGRADE TO WINDOWS 7 (46553 Views)
Honor Student
meathead_63
Message 1 of 15 (46,553 Views)

HP PAVILION DV6000 MICROPHONE NOT WORKING AFTER UPGRADE TO WINDOWS 7

The subject heading says it all.  After upgrading to windows 7 after installing a new hard drive,

the built-in microphone no longer works.  Gee...I wish I had known it wouldn't be compatible BEFORE

installing windows 7 so that I could make a different choice so I could keep SKYPing with my family overseas.

Hp needs to make a driver available to the owners of their

fine laptops.  That is, if they want customer loyalty to continue.  Mac is looking better all the time.

By the way, I find it interesting my original post about this issue is missing, as well as all the ones from other users having the same issue.     Hmmmmm.....

Suggestions anyone?

Provost
Daniel_Potyrala
Message 2 of 15 (46,386 Views)

Re: HP PAVILION DV6000 MICROPHONE NOT WORKING AFTER UPGRADE TO WINDOWS 7

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Which driver are You using now?

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon which is on the left. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **

Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer
Honor Student
leono286
Message 3 of 15 (46,350 Views)

Hi,

i'm having the same problem, the speakers works very well but the built in mic is not recognized, and now i can't use skype the way i used to. I'm using the updated Conexant High-Definition Audio Driver downloaded direct from hp drivers support, in this forum (http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Operating-systems-and-software/Windows7-Upgrade-Guide-for-dv6000-dv9000...)says that this driver would work fine but it didn't for me. Please help, im using win7 ultimate 32 bits.

Intern
Raaaabert
Message 4 of 15 (45,242 Views)

[ Edited ]

Same here. HPDV6000 series using Win7. 

Standard drivers work for XP but not Win7

{Edited for language}

Provost
Daniel_Potyrala
Message 5 of 15 (45,226 Views)

@Raaaabert

Hi.

Go to:

Control Panel -> Sound

and choose there recording tab. Say something to mic and check voice level bar there. Is it moving or not?

If not then write down Your p/n which is under Your computer and looks like this.

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon which is on the left. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **

Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer
Student
heburch
Message 6 of 15 (42,214 Views)

What do you do after you have the P/N written down and where do you go to fix it? Cause I need it to have for school and if I had known that it would do this I would have not changed the operating system.

Honor Student
si-member
Message 7 of 15 (42,058 Views)

My mic also not working after upgrade driver from HP site, **bleep** no more solutions?

Honor Student
edisleka
Message 8 of 15 (37,977 Views)

Hi my microphone also doesnt work on windows 7 Ultimate...when i try to find my product to hp.com i can't,then i try

Automatic Product Detection but app cant find my laptop WTF is that? my product number is KW082#AB

In bottom of laptop(where the product numer is) product name is pavilion dv6700....In the top of screen product name is

Pavilion dv6000...what laptop do i have i dont know :smileysad:...it would be good if u could reply to my e-mail.

Student
nishant89
Message 9 of 15 (32,666 Views)

sir,

my laptops microphone and fingerprint reader is not working so please tell me how to download latest drivers for my laptop.

i am using windows 7

my laptops P/N is- KD311PA#ACJ

Student
rosi3cooki3
Message 10 of 15 (31,117 Views)

Ok I am having the same problem with the microphone not working after my upgrade to windows 7 and i really need help...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation