Question

Honor Student
JoshDeutscher
Message 1 of 4 (17,857 Views)

HP Pavilion Built in Webcam Not working! Please help!

I've had my HP Pavilion dv6000 for a little over 2 years. Recently, my built-in webcam stopped working. Usually, I would go to quickplay and click on the video/camera/film icon, then I would click the source as HP webcam. The problem is now, the source called HP webcam doesn't display any more, so I can't click it to use the webcam.

I am already updated to the latest Vista update, so I have no idea why it isn't working.

Also, I don't know if this question should be asked here, but I thought I might as well ask it.

For my windows live e-mail, If I try to sign in, it does work, it goes to the sign in page and says the website could be having problems, but it almost always happens.

Teacher
Jim_Mohr
Message 2 of 4 (17,735 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion Built in Webcam Not working! Please help!

may provide some insight: http://forums13.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/questionanswer.do?admit=109447627+125338968814...

read completely and carefully!

report back your status

Student
pearl8411
Message 3 of 4 (6,996 Views)

I've had my HP Pavilion dv6000 for a little over 2 years. Recently, my built-in webcam stopped working. Usually, I would go to quickplay and click on the video/camera/film icon, then I would click the source as HP webcam. The problem is now, the source called HP webcam doesn't display any more, so I can't click it to use the webcam.

I am already updated to the latest Vista update, so I have no idea why it isn't working.

Also, I don't know if this question should be asked here, but I thought I might as well ask it.

For my windows live e-mail, If I try to sign in, it does work, it goes to the sign in page and says the website could be having problems, but it almost always happens

Student
mahama79
Message 4 of 4 (2,150 Views)

my HP Pavilion build in webcam is not working when I switch on the quickplay and click on the camera/music button which does not display the webcam icon

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation