HP Pavilion DV7-1243cl, No start-up but will show power lights, caps and num lock flash four times (1141 Views)
Student
carlitasaurus
Message 1 of 2 (1,141 Views)

HP Pavilion DV7-1243cl, No start-up but will show power lights, caps and num lock flash four times

So, my laptop won't start up.

and it's not under warranty, so I can't chat with Customer Support. 

When I turn the laptop on, it sounds like the fan starts and the power buttons all light up, but the screen stays black, and it doesn't make any noise. I noticed that the caps lock and the num lock both flash four times sequentially in unison, and will keep doing that until I turn it off. The laptop doesn't attempt to restart, so it doesn't even realize that there's something wrong with the boot-up. 

I recently bought a new external battery for the thing, and it was working perfectly and consistently, so I'm not sure that there's a problem with that. 

Please help!

Distinguished Professor
anthony82
Message 2 of 2 (1,127 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion DV7-1243cl, No start-up but will show power lights, caps and num lock flash four times

Hello carlitasaurus,

You were having a problem with the computer not booting.

The blinking caps that you were getting, is a code to tell you an error that the computer is having.

Here is a link to a blink code list that will tell the error.

Compare your blink code to the list and post your results.

Clicking the White Kudos star on the left is a way to say Thanks!

Let me know how everything goes.

Have a good day.

Clicking the White Kudos star on the left is a way to say Thanks!

Have a good day.
I work for HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation