Question

Honor Student
DV9500T_VICTIM
Message 1 of 7 (2,620 Views)

HP Pavilion DV9500T LCD screen does not work!!!!

I bought this laptop sometime back in Nov 2007 and it broke on me a week ago..My LCD display is not working even though all lights are ON. I rebooted the system but same thing all lights are ON but no display just a black screen I can hear the speakers for our Vista's welcome music...I dialed their tech support and it felt like I was visiting India and our friends at the center were not of any help either.. They told me that I have to get it repaired for the faulty motherhood for some $400.00.. I did some research and found another # 18666717362 for the extended warranty recall but they are saying unfortunately DV9500T is not on their recall list and after reading uncountable blogs regarding this specific model I think HP is trying to hush up the matter under the carpet and I think this is unfair for all those people who have spent a fortune to own this laptop and I think HP is ripping us OFF by manufacturing cheap and faulty motherboard and selling to people like us for thousands of dollars...I think we all should voice our concerns together. I think everybody agree that Money is really hard to come by these days I think $1500 is quite an amount to let go.. I hope you all agree...I appreciate if anybody can share their experience and any way to get this fixed...

Student
peregrine
Message 2 of 7 (2,605 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion DV9500T LCD screen does not work!!!!

I agree with you.  I purchased the same notebook on 9/8/07, and the black screen appeared five days ago.  Blue lights are on, I can hear the fan, disk, and the Microsoft welcome page.    I have been chatting with HP support on two different occasions trying every idea two different people had.  Also, have been running HP health check, and using HP forum and Windows Vista forum.  Nothing has worked.   Running diagnostic tools from HP and Microsoft did not report and display or driver problems.  There have been no blinking blue lights or beeps to indicate a problem.   I plugged in a View Sonic  monitor into the dv9500t external monitor port, and it works.  HP support now thinks the display panel is broken, and wants to have it replaced at my cost. ($395-$520).  No way!! 

Tutor
jinishans
Message 3 of 7 (2,421 Views)

Hi

Actualy I also bought dv9500t notebook around Sep '07 period, with 1yr warranty and extended for another year. But, during the 2nd year, my LCD, Motherboard, went not working, panel got broken due to heat/low quality, HP replaced once the battery in the 1st year. So, it has lot of issues, i didnt' extended for the 3rd year. But, i've decided not to buy again HP as the inner parts are of low quality. My next buy is going to be Sony/Thosiba only, though their support is not good, their Laptops without any extended warranty, works without any replacements for 3 yrs min, I've seen with my friends. So, no Dell, and HP is now in the same path of Dell, in another 1 yr, HP will be in Dells position.

Reg

jinishans

Intern
AnonymousHelp
Message 4 of 7 (2,406 Views)

Ok , far as I know , and this is handling roughly a few thousand of these type systems its not your motherboard . Most likely issue is your lcd cable . I've seen tons of these things . If you can angle your screen and see a dimly lit version of your desktop its a backlight failure which can be caused by the inverter board , lcd cable or lcd itself . Hearing noise is a good sign and being able to see on an external monitor means the problem isn't in the bottom of the unit . The cost to repair said issues goes from roughly 80 to 520 dollars depending on the part involved . You could send it to hp with "X" amount of money paid for repairs and if the costs exceed that number just have it returned and still know the faulty part to repair it yourself , although if you dont route the lcd cable properly you can fry your motherboard and be out the cost of the replacement parts . As we currently live in a world where fixing something is cheaper than buying new , its probably in your best interests to just suck it up , send it in , and let us handle it .

Hope this helps .

Tutor
ahmedg2
Message 5 of 7 (2,395 Views)

This is a group for anyone who has faced problems with hp products specialy laptops. One defect of the Hp pavilion laptops ( DV 2000, 6000, 9000) is the motherboard problem and VGA ( graphics card ). Perhaps together we can bring this aware to HP.‎

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=110390745653221&ref=mf

Student
rldubb
Message 6 of 7 (1,926 Views)

DV9500T_VICTIM wrote:

I bought this laptop sometime back in Nov 2007 and it broke on me a week ago..My LCD display is not working even though all lights are ON. I rebooted the system but same thing all lights are ON but no display just a black screen I can hear the speakers for our Vista's welcome music...I dialed their tech support and it felt like I was visiting India and our friends at the center were not of any help either.. They told me that I have to get it repaired for the faulty motherhood for some $400.00.. I did some research and found another # 18666717362 for the extended warranty recall but they are saying unfortunately DV9500T is not on their recall list and after reading uncountable blogs regarding this specific model I think HP is trying to hush up the matter under the carpet and I think this is unfair for all those people who have spent a fortune to own this laptop and I think HP is ripping us OFF by manufacturing cheap and faulty motherboard and selling to people like us for thousands of dollars...I think we all should voice our concerns together. I think everybody agree that Money is really hard to come by these days I think $1500 is quite an amount to let go.. I hope you all agree...I appreciate if anybody can share their experience and any way to get this fixed...

DV9500T_VICTIM wrote:

Check out  DV9500t motherboards on google. There is a company that has the replacement motherboard listed for $129.00. That and a tech that doesn't think they should be able to retire off of every job should fix your problem if that is what is needed.

Honor Student
TandemGuy
Message 7 of 7 (796 Views)

I purchased a cusomized Pavillion 9500t from HP 12-9-2007.  I received the machine 2-22-2008.  The motherboard failed on 12-3-2011.  This expensive machine lasted 3 years and 10 months.  It cost me $1446.00 + a 3 year warranty o $269.99 for a grand total of $1715.99.  I was told by HP Technical support that their laptops will last 3 years and no parts such as the motherboard will no longer be made after that.  If that is so, I did not have to spend $1700.  I could have bought a laptop off the shelf for $300-$400.  I don't expect HP to maintain my laptop forever, just tell me upfront that it will only last 3 years.  To make matters worse, I am an HP Tandem computer consultant.  I used this machine in my work.  What should I tell my customers about the quality of HP products, considering how they treated me?  I would like a reply from an HP executive to explain to me why HP is so disconnected from their customers.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation