HP Pavilion Dv5000 (1511 Views)
Honor Student
mbenda01
Message 1 of 4 (1,511 Views)

HP Pavilion Dv5000

Hi I have a HP pavilion dv5000 and the screen is black. I can kind off see a shadow in the backgroung but at the bottom off the screen i can see a black line.

i bought the computer about 3 yrs ago and I don't have the warranty any more. What can I do.... and if you can help me find a part.. thamks

Tutor
JRaymond
Message 2 of 4 (1,496 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion Dv5000

Hi,

Ok this is a possible hardware issue, so do the following:

Do a hardware reset. Disconect AC adapter and remover battery.Then press power button for 10 seconds. Plug AC adapter and battery and test.

If the problema persist test a external monitor, maybe is just a problem in your screen.

Regards.

Honor Student
mbenda01
Message 3 of 4 (1,489 Views)

thank you for emailing me back but i tried everything you suggested and  nothing work still the same. i did connected it to an external monitor but it only show when it was booting up and them the monitor went blank. do you have any more suggestions?

Tutor
JRaymond
Message 4 of 4 (1,481 Views)

Sorry but your screen is damaged. I suggest take it to a service center. It will be necessary change the screen.

Contact HP to receive information about a service center in your location.

Good Luck!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation