Question
Honor Student
Message 1 of 4 (1,542 Views)

HP Pavilion Dv5000

Hi I have a HP pavilion dv5000 and the screen is black. I can kind off see a shadow in the backgroung but at the bottom off the screen i can see a black line.

i bought the computer about 3 yrs ago and I don't have the warranty any more. What can I do.... and if you can help me find a part.. thamks

Tutor
Message 2 of 4 (1,527 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion Dv5000

Hi,

Ok this is a possible hardware issue, so do the following:

Do a hardware reset. Disconect AC adapter and remover battery.Then press power button for 10 seconds. Plug AC adapter and battery and test.

If the problema persist test a external monitor, maybe is just a problem in your screen.

Regards.

Honor Student
Message 3 of 4 (1,520 Views)

thank you for emailing me back but i tried everything you suggested and  nothing work still the same. i did connected it to an external monitor but it only show when it was booting up and them the monitor went blank. do you have any more suggestions?

Tutor
Message 4 of 4 (1,512 Views)

Sorry but your screen is damaged. I suggest take it to a service center. It will be necessary change the screen.

Contact HP to receive information about a service center in your location.

Good Luck!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation