Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello,

Basically, my HP Pavilion G6 screen is broken and I windows boots up and everything, I enter my password and hear the login noise, so then the laptop logs in.

Problem is, when I use my HDMI to connect the notebook to the TV nothing shows up, the TV just stays at "No Signal"

OS is Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.

I have tried the following:

Using FN + F4 and pressing the right arrow key 3 times. No affect...

Win + P  and pressing the right arrow key 3/4 times. No affect..

Basically before I did a format the display on the TV was working fine and it was showing up, but when I reinstalled Win 7 by putting the HDD in another PC, it installed that Graphic driver instead.

So now my question is, how in the world will I get my HP Pavilion to install its graphics driver without a display screen? I don't know if it has the driver though.

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello PnDande,

Welcome to the HP Forums! I hope you enjoy your experience!

I understand you are experiencing issues connecting a TV to your notebook. I apologize for the inconvenience, but I will do my best to assist you! To troubleshoot the issue, and ensure you are doing everything correctly, please review and apply the information in this HP document: Connecting a Monitor, Projector or TV (Windows 7)

I believe the document will be able to help you. Either way, please provide your results. Thanks for choosing the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Mario

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I can not do half of the things it says on the last steps with a broken HP screen.

I have also tried to use the HDMI then turn on the laptop but not even that installed the driver or w/e it is.

So can you provide me with more help, thanks!

HP Recommended

Thank you for the response. There is a possibility that the hardware is faulty to the point of no return. I am going to quote some information and final troubleshooting steps from this document: Troubleshooting Black Screen Displays with No Error Messages During Startup or Boot

"The notebook's screen display may remain black when there is a corrupted graphics driver, or a problem with the LCD display's back light. You can test the display by attaching an external monitor and restarting the computer. Testing with an external display is helpful if the notebook display is black but you can hear sounds; such as fans, spinning drives, or beep tones which indicate that the computer is operating. If you can hear sounds of operation but no image is visible on either display, contact an authorized repair center.
  1. If there are no sounds from the computer when the power is turned on, check for a different problem; such as a loose RAM memory chip or disconnected hard drive.
  2. If you are having trouble viewing the external monitor, click f4 (or the key with this symbol ) to switch the screen image among display devices connected to the system. For example, if a monitor is connected to the computer, pressing this key alternates the screen image from computer display to monitor display to simultaneous display on both the computer and the monitor.
  3. If an image displays on the external monitor, there may be a graphics driver conflict with the notebook’s LCD display. With the external monitor connected, download and install the latest drivers for your specific computer and graphic chip set.
  4. If you do not have an external monitor, it may be possible to see an image by switching the LCD display to a low resolution mode. To change the resolution, turn on the computer, and press the f8 key. If the graphic display is working at the BIOS level, a text screen displays and you can select the Enable low-resolution video option. If the graphics display is not working at the BIOS level, contact an authorized repair center.
As a final action, if there is an image on the external monitor and you have installed the latest BIOS, updated CPU chips set, and updated graphics drivers but the notebook display remains black, the LCD may be defective. It may be necessary to contact HP for technical assistance or send the notebook for service to replace the display."

If you cannot resolve the issue at that point, I would definitely contact HP phone support.You can utilize this website to learn how to contact HP appropriately, based on your region:Contact HP Worldwide

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Thanks again and have a great day
!

Mario

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

I'm pretty much never going to contact HP with this via phone as I have no warranty and they will make me pay.

Btw, the black screen was just because the screen was broken and all the pixels leaked out if you understand me, it went out day and day until it went black.

And I am completely sure that the HP Laptop is fully working as this only just happened after I reinstalled Win 7 by putting the hard drive in another PC then putting it back into the HP Laptop.

By the way, the fan is going, the hard drive is spinning and the caps lock key is working. It all boots up fine.

It just won't connect to the external monitor, I am 100% sure that the Graphics Driver for the HP Laptop (Intel HD Graphics) because when I inserted it into my other PC, there was only that Graphics driver for that PC, and not the HP Graphics driver.

Is their no other steps? I really can't afford paying for repairs. I have had lots of problems with HP Laptops such as overheating and their screens are very weak, so far I am not a satisfied customer that I have to deal with all these problems.

Thank you.

HP Recommended

hi,

i give you a tip just take out the hard drive of your laptop, attach it to a working desktop pc or a laptop then just remove your password and attach your hard drive again to your laptop then turn it on when it gives you the login sound then simply press and hold the windows icon key and then  P  2 or 4 times if the display still not shown then press enter key

Hope that works 4 you..

HP Recommended

If this tip doesnt help you out just ask me i have one more solution even you can install a window within the broken screen laptop.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.