Question

Student
fabio1963
Message 1 of 5 (3,883 Views)

HP Pavilion dv6-1030us - Screen problems

I there I have the above cited laptop which I bought on June last year. Lately I noted that when I put it on sleep for a while when I reboot it on the screen appear some strange columns with tiny colored lines. Just to give you an idea, they kook like the columns of a newspaper with unreadable characters. The screen is also trembling.

This problem fist appeared after having upgraded to Windows 7 and it doesn't happen often. Might be a signal of something that is going to break? the warranty expires towards the end of June, shall I contact HP assistance and report it?

Thanks a lot for your kindness and time

Intern
AnonymousHelp
Message 2 of 5 (3,831 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion dv6-1030us - Screen problems

Had this same issue yesterday on a returned unit . If the issue goes anything thing like what I'm about to type , you need to reload your OS .

Unit powered on , then you hibernate or put it to sleep . When you resume (if it takes you to a logon screen) theres weird little vertical and horizontal lines and when you mouse over anything they kind of shiver or change slightly .

If thats your baby , then reloading windows is your solution .

Hope this helps .

Student
silver190
Message 3 of 5 (3,780 Views)

how did you come to this solution? I have a similar problem and I have chatted with support 3 times and none of their solutions worked. I have done a hard reset and re-installed the drivers. My computer only does it if i close the monitor while the computer is unplugged and then i plug it in and open it back up. Basicly hibernate and then wake it up, but ONLY if it hibernates while unplugged (i.e. closing the lid) and then it is plugged back in before waking it up.

Intern
AnonymousHelp
Message 4 of 5 (3,758 Views)

I was able to use a test hard drive to figure it out myself , working at a facility that repairs your laptops has its benefits :smileyhappy: From what i've had time to read on the forums here it appears to be a video driver issue . I had someone send in a laptop with the very same issue you were describing . It was a second return for the same issue and I happen to be one of the guys that handles things like that . I was able to duplicate the issue the customer had using the instructions they gave me for duplication . At that point though , I hadn't been here and noticed that it was a driver issue (so the forums tell me anyway) so I sent the unit to have its OS reloaded . Am going to attempt to try backing up the drivers to an old revision the next time I see an issue like that and see how that works out , but a post I noticed after replying to yours seemed to blame the driver and note its resolution , so we'll see . Anyways , I hope i was able to help you out . If you haven't reloaded your OS yet , try downloading the original driver HP put with the laptop and see if it works . I would appreciate the info as it takes about 3 hours for us to put an OS on a unit and time I save on the ones I work on gets them back home to people like you a little faster .

ecs Honor Student
Honor Student
ecs
Message 5 of 5 (3,733 Views)

I had a similar problem on my PC. I thought the monitor was about to go. Because I wanted to do a Clean Uninstall with Windows 7,  I  (in my ignorance) began uninstalling my programs.

To my amazement, the minute I uninstalled an Apple Software Updater the screen cleared. That was three weeks ago, and I have had no further problems. Apparently the program, etc was corrupt. Some corruption in the registry may be causing your problem. All the best.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation