Question

Top Student
Danicool73
Message 1 of 10 (257 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP Pavilion dv6-6099el Graphics Card Driver

I own a Notebook HP Pavilion dv6-6099el which I bought around 1 and a half years ago and which I have upgraded to Windows 8. As a matter of fact upon buying the Pc I was offered a cheap upgrade to Windows 8 for only 15 euros. Now I have had Windows 8 for a few months and I have realised a noticable reduce in fps while playing videogames, and have therefore run benchmark tests. I have found out that I am currently using my intel GPU because my Radeon graphics card doesnt have the driver installed, I have therefore searched for it but a Windows 8 driver for my graphics card has not been released, I thereby urge HP to release a driver update for Windows 8 or I shall have to replace my relatively new laptop

Thank you

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 2 of 10 (245 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion dv6-6099el Graphics Card Driver

Top Student
Danicool73
Message 3 of 10 (240 Views)

I installed the driver and the installation worked with no interruptions, however I my graphics card still doesnt work, are there any steps such as restarting my Pc or any settings that need to be changed to make the driver work?
Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 4 of 10 (234 Views)

Hi:

You may need to restart the PC or even reinstall W8 if you attempted to install any other graphics driver.

You must only install the AMD graphics driver which installs the drivers for both the Intel and AMD graphics.

You should also install these drivers in this order, and reboot after each installation.

1. Intel chipset installation utility.

2. AMD graphics driver I posted above.

3. Audio.

If the graphics fails to operate correctly after reinstalling windows and following the above steps, then you won't be able to run W8 on your PC.

As you know there are no W8 drivers listed on your notebook's support and driver page which indicates that HP is not supporting your model for W8.

Top Student
Danicool73
Message 5 of 10 (229 Views)

I once downloaded a graphics.update from intel, can I not justgo on properties of computer,manage devices.and.disinstall the Intel drivers?
P.s on mamage devices it still has a warning sign next to my radeon graphics card and on properties it says failure to boot,error code 10.
Thanks alot for your help :smileyhappy:
Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 6 of 10 (227 Views)

You're very welcome.

You can try uninstalling the drivers from the device manager/uninstall programs menu.

If that fails to work, you may have to reinstall W8.

The Intel drivers you installed are messing up your AMD card.

That much I know.

Top Student
Danicool73
Message 7 of 10 (224 Views)

Thanks again :smileyhappy: ill try out what you said and uninstall the Intel drivers, hopfully it will work :smileyhappy: if not I guess ill disinstall W8 and get Windows 7 on it, not much difference to me anyways,never really use the W8 interface
Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 8 of 10 (220 Views)

[ Edited ]

Anytime.

Hopefully you will get the driver to work correctly. Please post back and let us know if that driver works for you.

You may also want to try this other version of the driver and see if it works better.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-112999-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en...=

When the free W8.1 comes out, you will find that you can customize it to work 90 - 95% like W7 and you won't mind W8 at all.

I have been testing out the W8.1 release preview for over a month now and I like it much better than W8.

Top Student
Danicool73
Message 9 of 10 (197 Views)

Thanks alot :smileyhappy: It all works now, I switch between the 2 graphics cards when they are needed, firstly I disinstalled all my AMD sofware on my computer, then I just tried downloading that second driver you gave me and it worked :smileyvery-happy: once installed I restarted my.computer and my games run smoothly again now :smileyhappy: No need to uninstall anything else, justthe AMD software that was already there
Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 10 of 10 (188 Views)

You're very welcome.

That is great news!

Enjoy!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation