Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Helloo ..

my laptop name is : HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC .. with a windows 7 operating system 64bit .. display drivers (ATI mobility radeon HD 5650 _ intel(R) HD graphics )

I've recently downloaded a windows 8.1 operating system and I had a problem with my display driver it doesn't work probably after starting windows lock screen turnes black then I turn it off pressing the power button .. trun it on again and the screen works just fine ... never works at the first time I turn it on .. so i had to turn it back to win 7 ..

is there any solution for this problem ?? am I stuck with win 7 :indifferent:

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi Diana_vorokova,

Welcome to the HP Community, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I will be happy to help you with your graphic problem. I will need to know the product number of your dv6 as there are several different models in that series.

Thank you,

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Hello sir ..

my laptop product number is : XS066EA#ABV 

HP Recommended

Hi Diana_vorokova,

The problem is that your model has switchable graphics and the drivers are configured by the manufacturer of the notebook not the manufacturer of the graphics card. There are no drivers available for Windows 8.1 so you might be stuck with Windows 7. I will do some additional research to see if I can find anything else for you to try because any driver that you install from ATI or Intel could cause additional problems because it hasn't been configured correctly.

Thank you,

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended
Oh what a lost !!
Thank you for you help ..
HP Recommended

Hi,

i have same problem, when installig driver comes with windows update, it bricke my laptop. first it try to restart, and stuck. no way , other than holding the power button. After when i try to start laptop, nothing... loading windows and just come to black screen nothing happen, i wait about 1 hour. only one thing to do, install windows again:smileymad:

Please help me.

thank you

HP Recommended

hii ..

I had the very same problem when i uploaded my system to 8.1 .. it just crashes down after starting windows and starts all over again .. i could't login to my account .. so eventually i gave up and reinstalled windows 7 .. 

HP Recommended

Hi @Achira_SD 

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I understand that you are getting a black display after a windows update. Please post the full product number and operating system in use on your notebook. See the following documents if you need help in finding those.
How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
Is the Windows Version on My Computer 32-bit or 64-bit?

I just need to verify what you have, so I can give you proper advice. When the notebook starts do you see a repeating pattern of flashing LEDs at all, or none at all?

A a start you can try out these and see if anything helps and if not post the information I asked for as well as anything else you can.
Troubleshooting Black Screen Displays with No Error Messages During Startup or Boot
Resolving Problems with Notebook Displays (Windows 7 and Windows 😎

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.