Question

Honor Student
MrsGarcia8
Message 1 of 5 (681 Views)

HP Pavilion dv7-6b55dx Webcam

[ Edited ]

Hello,

So I have the HP Pavilion dv7-6b55dx and the webcam hasn't been working for sometime now.  I've read other forums on going into the device manager and locating the 'images devices.'  Well I don't even have this listed as one of my options in my manager.  The list goes from Intel... to Keyboard and so on.  I did read some where that if this doesn't show up then its a hardware issue and to contact HP.  Is there any way that I can avoid this step as I don't live any where I can just drop it off!  I was wondering if there is any way that I can download a new driver for this????  Please help me if you can I'm starting to get annoyed with this computer.

Teacher
Teacher
SGI
Message 2 of 5 (677 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion dv7-6b55dx Webcam

Hi,

Type YouCam in the search, and run the application.

Good luck!

Hit kudos if I helped.
Honor Student
MrsGarcia8
Message 3 of 5 (634 Views)

This was not evern remotely helpful!  Guess I will be going else where.

Professor
npw05001
Message 4 of 5 (616 Views)

Hello MrsGarcia8,

I see that you are having problems with your webcam on your HP laptop.

Here are some troubleshooting steps that may help with the webcam not being listed in the device manager.

If the steps don't help you can try and reload the drivers by deleting the YouCam software from programs and features and reloading it from this link, it is under "Software-Multimedia".

Let me know what happens.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

Student
pavion
Message 5 of 5 (500 Views)

tanksyou

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation