Question

Student
Peter1411
Message 1 of 3 (2,621 Views)

HP Pavilion g6 laptop screen not working

hp Pavilion g6 laptop screen not working, currently viewing screen through HDMI lead on my tv screen

Distinguished Professor
SeanS
Message 2 of 3 (2,582 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion g6 laptop screen not working

Peter, 

Which model G6 is this? Your going to need to hard reset the computer. Here is how:\

1. Disconnect all peripheral devices and remove all USB devices and media cards. You want to test the computer not the accessories!
  2. Disconnect the AC power adapter, remove the battery, and then press and hold the power button for at least 15 seconds .
  3. Reconnect the AC power adapter (but do not connect the battery), Press the Power button, Look for glowing LEDs near caps lock and num lock keys, and Listen for sounds of a disk drive and fan turning.

Let me know how this works and if it does or does not resolve the issue.

Thanks
    Sean
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Student
colorpole
Message 3 of 3 (1,330 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion g6 laptop screen not working

the display is not working still... but i can adjust is brightness.. and i checke with other display it is working.. so my display had the prob.... any solution?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation