Re: HP Pavilion monitor not working (2952 Views)
Student
rakumarudu
Message 1 of 6 (3,001 Views)

HP Pavilion monitor not working

My HP Pavilion is not showing the video anymore...I connected the VGA output of my laptop to external monitor and I see windows OS..Also, my S-video cable can output the signal to external TV.

My laptop just got out of warranty...What would be my options to fix this monitor?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Dean
Huffer
Message 2 of 6 (3,000 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion monitor not working

model number of computer, please. You either need a screen inverter or a new screen. Screen prices have come way down recently and the replacement is not too difficult for a motivated first-timer. Post back with the model and we can link you to the right screen and replacement instructions. Also, look closely and see if there is not a very dim image.
Top Student
Meijer
Message 3 of 6 (2,952 Views)

Or a new motherboard/GPU. It's a pavillion, that puts chances very high for this problem :/

Dear moderators, before temporarily banning users for "ignoring moderators" please make sure to check your private messages, communication is a two way mechanism. Google is not an inappropriate link as neither users nor moderators can be held responsible for Google's Indexing Systems, ergo removing such links is not an effective instrument of marketing.
Student
rakumarud
Message 4 of 6 (2,933 Views)

Hi Huffer,

Thanks for your reply. The model number of HP computer is

HP Pavilion dv9617nr Notebook PC

I would appreciate help on finding the right monitor and replacing it.

Dean
Huffer
Message 5 of 6 (2,919 Views)

[ Edited ]

Some sample eBay auctions:

Auction One

Auction Two

Auction Three

This may be helpful

Your Service Manual

Pages 50 and 51 and then starting at Page 70 shows how to get to the display assembly. Remove the screen and look at it before you buy a new one to be sure you are getting the same thing. 

Message Edited by Huffer on 05-18-2009 08:50 PM
Student
bem522
Message 6 of 6 (1,532 Views)

I am having the same problem with my Pavilion dv4-1145go laptop.  It has panned in the past, and by killing all power, removing batteries, rebooting. multiple steps, I ahve been able to get it to coem back on again. However, have not been able to get the display to work. External monitor displays fine.  Ay chance you can help me fidn the correct links for my model? Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation