Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I just recently bought this Hp split x2 for school purposes, but my husband wanted to play World of Warcraft in my laptop. usually the of the screen feels so hot after he played for atleast 3 hours. I don't want him to mess my laptop. sometimes his game freezes. 

I wanted to know if games such as WOW or sims 3 can be played regularly in this type of laptop. I wanted to know if there's anyway I can upgrade this laptop to run to its full potential. 

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello mariegarrard,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

This computer is not designed to handle such heavy games like WOW and Sims 3. Even if you were to spend a couple thousand dollars and upgrade all the hardware that is compatible, it would still not work properly.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks!

Mario

I worked on behalf of HP.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello mariegarrard,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

This computer is not designed to handle such heavy games like WOW and Sims 3. Even if you were to spend a couple thousand dollars and upgrade all the hardware that is compatible, it would still not work properly.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks!

Mario

HP Recommended

what would you suggest ? Or what kind of laptop can I get if I wanted to exchange this laptop with same amount/price from best buy? this laptop was $699 i guess?

HP Recommended

Hello mariegarrard, I would recommend the HP Envy 17. Let me know what you think when you give it a read!

Mario

HP Recommended

I exchanged my Hp split x2 to HP ENVY TS 17. So far so good, but somehow, I tried playing sims 3 and it crashes down? why? I thought this laptop was awesome, considering the price of it. I just don't get it. After I installed the sims 3, the systems says that the memory is too low? I don't understand this, this laptop have 8gb, and I doubt sims 3 took all the memory space of this laptop. 

I'm happy with this laptop, but at the same time , it didn't really made me content of it's performance on games.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.