Question

Top Student
LajuT
Message 1 of 2 (185 Views)

HP TRUEVISION HD/YOUCAM WEBCAM: BLACK/DARK IMAGES. EXPOSURE SLIDE REVERTS BACK TO -9

Hello,

I use a HP Pavilion dv6 -  LK968EA Notebook PC with Windows 7 64-bit operating system.

The Youcam 3.5 shows a BLACK screen. It worked perfectly when I first got the laptop last year, but all of a sudden, it just got dark. It shows a very faint dark silhouette when I am in the sun, and It does NOT show any image when I am under a halogen lamp or in a room flooded with 4 double fluorescent lamps.

I have not touched the settings. But when I compared the settings with that of a friend’s, I saw that the exposure setting on his HP TrueVision HD/Youcam 3.5 was -2, while mine was -9.

I moved it to -2, and nothing changed. So I clicked “apply” and “ok” and still NOTHING CHANGED.

Someone said I should move the exposure slide to -2, tick “low light compensation” and tick “auto” next to the exposure slide, then just click only “ok”. I did ALL that and nothing happened. I repeated these steps and clicked “apply” and still NOTHING CHANGED.

I ticked “auto-lighting” and still nothing happened.

THE EXPOSURE SLIDE DOES NOT REMAIN AT -5 OR -2. IT KEEPS REVERTING BACK TO -9, EVEN THOUGH I ADJUST IT AND CLICK "APPLY" AND/OR "OK". AS SUCH THE IMAGE QUALITY IS STILL BLACK. Clicking "Auto-lighting" does NOT change anything.
THAT IS THE PROBLEM.
KINDLY PROVIDE ASSISTANCE ALONG THAT LINE

Top Student
LajuT
Message 2 of 2 (183 Views)

Re: HP TRUEVISION HD/YOUCAM WEBCAM: BLACK/DARK IMAGES. EXPOSURE SLIDE REVERTS BACK TO -9

all drivers are up-to-date for the laptop and the youcam. I even uninstalled the youcam and re-installed it with all the current patches. still no change.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation