Question

Honor Student
mrbigbeak
Message 1 of 6 (1,512 Views)

HP Truevision HD web cam no longer working with Skype since windows 8.1 update

Hi guys,

A major annoying problem as occured since i updated to windows 8.1 my web cam no longer works in skype, it works for everything elese youcam etc just not skpye, audio is working fine too. When i go into settings the programmes freezes and eventually crashes, I can see my webcam listed in skype but thats it, the bottom half of the pane is missing too it cuts out in the middle of clear history, rolled back the driver and it works but messes everything else up. Please help i am ripping my hair out..... thank you

Dean
Dragon-Fur
Message 2 of 6 (1,495 Views)

Re: HP Truevision HD web cam no longer working with Skype since windows 8.1 update

MrBigBeak,

It appears that you want to be running Skype 2.2 for Windows 8.1 OS -  the Skype Windows Store may need a patch, as well:

Skype Windows Store app crashes in Windows 8.1 and in Windows Server 2012 R2 - 2902892

Reference: What’s new in Skype 2.2 for Windows 8.1

Click the Kudos Star!

It is a great “Thank You” to the HP Experts who are here to help!

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
Honor Student
mrbigbeak
Message 3 of 6 (1,477 Views)

Re: HP Truevision HD web cam no longer working with Skype since windows 8.1 update

thanks for your reply, unfortunatly all them updates listed are already installed on my laptop, i have uninstalled and reinstalled skype but now there is no devices listed under the options section, like i said ealrier though you cam still works so it must be a problem with Skype, any other ideas?

Dean
Dragon-Fur
Message 4 of 6 (1,469 Views)

No more ideas at the moment, except that you check at the Skype forum and see what others are saying. If I find out anything along the way, I will post back.
Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
Student
odizzle7
Message 5 of 6 (392 Views)

Iv had the exact same problem since I downloaded windows 8.1. Did you ever find a solution to the problem?

Dean
Dragon-Fur
Message 6 of 6 (380 Views)

odizzle7,

Welcome to the HP Forum.

Skype does run on Windows 8.1, although you may need to update Skype to at least version 6.16.0.105

If you have more issues, please do consider opening a New Post of your own.

This Thread is from last year and is not monitored by our Experts team.

Click the Kudos Thumbs-Up to show you appreciate the help and time from our Experts.

Although I strive to reflect HP's best practices, I do not work for HP. 

Click Accept as Solution when the Answer is a good Fix or Workaround!

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation