Question

Honor Student
samm86
Message 1 of 4 (1,989 Views)

HP Tx2 won't wake from sleep

[ Edited ]

I have an HP tx2 that will not wake from sleep.  When i enter sleep mode, whether it be the fn+f5 buttons, the start - sleep option, or power button, the screen will shut off and shortly thereafter the hard drive, dvd drive, and fan will all shut off, AND the power LEDs start to blink.  however, upon pressing the power button, or pressing keyboard, or touching trackpad, the screen will not come back up.  The other parts of the system come back on, aka HDD, DVD, fan, and all LEDs like normal, but display is still black.  And I mean black.  I don't mean a "no input black" (aka a "lighted black" ) I mean like a "no power" black.  This is very irriating.

I have set all my adjustable buttons to hibernate instead of sleep in power options.  However, now when I tell the system to hibernate, it just simply logs me out and my account says "locked", but the system does not enter hibernation.  It just sits at the login screen.

I have ATI HD 3200 graphics, with updated driver (8.533.1.1).

TIA, SAM 

Message Edited by samm86 on 04-06-2009 12:23 AM
Student
dougmisc
Message 2 of 4 (1,251 Views)

Re: HP Tx2 won't wake from sleep

I have the same problem and im running Win 7.  I put it into sleep mode and when i try to wake it seems to get stuck.  the harddrive and fan starts up but the screen remains black.  Also, the light by the caps lock and num lock keys continually blink.  the only way i can get it to reboot is by repeatedly restarting the computer until it starts a normal boot sequence. HELP!!!

Regents Professor
Kalt
Message 3 of 4 (1,243 Views)

Sometimes electrical components needs to have all power sources removed and reintroduced to work properly.  Try performing a hard reset first, if it doesn't work then we'll move to the next step.

To Perform A Hard Reset

• Shut down the computer by going to the Start menu and selecting shut down. (If you have no display, hold the power button down for  5 seconds)
  • Disconnect the AC Adapter from the notebook.
  • Remove the battery from the bottom of the notebook.  There will be a switch/button to eject the battery.
  • Wait at least 1 minute with all power sources disconnected.
  • Re-insert the battery and reconnect the AC Adapter and then attempt to power on the notebook.
Student
mdcoolcomrat
Message 4 of 4 (885 Views)

Met same issue on my friend's tx2. Your Hard Reset method is not a real hard reset: even taking the bios battery off does not reset the computer, so it is not a software issue.

Any ideas?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation