Question

Student
xkhayax
Message 1 of 3 (1,567 Views)

HP Webcam not found

I am seriously sick and tired of trying. My webcam has been broken for a while now and I tried everything in my little knowledge of anything computerish to fix it, but it's just not working.

I tried installing drivers, but they say they cannot install because HP Webcam cannot be found. I don't know what else to do! My mic is working just fine, my cam just isn't. It's like my notebook thinks it doesn't have a webcam at all!

I have a HP Compac 6735s with Vista Home Premium.

I hope any of you can help, cause I'm getting desperate.

Honor Student
lucky536
Message 2 of 3 (1,416 Views)

Re: HP Webcam not found

This is a common problem. I'm tryig to figure this out, but it seems like an issue with Windows Vista updates.

After speaking to an hp support person over the phone, she suggests to reset your computer to factory settings. I would do this as last resort. It is stupid that we need to be in this boat in the first place. It seems like a common problem with HP laptops

Top Student
jackychiwai
Message 3 of 3 (1,406 Views)

Re: HP Webcam not found

I have the same problem too, my laptop hard disk is damaged, so can't use the image to restore my vista, I asked my friend for the installation disc of vista, after installed all the updates and drivers, I didn't found any webcam in device manager, seems my laptop with no this hardware. (Before is working fine). :smileysad:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation