Question

Honor Student
iabowhunter
Message 1 of 3 (800 Views)

HP dv9925nr screen issues........

I have a HP dv9925nr laptop PC. I bought it in August of 2008 at a Best Buy. I have had no problems with it untill now. When I open it up and start it, the screen is fuzzy. If I tilt the screen down to around 30 degrees it clears up. As the the PC warms up I can move the screen to a better viewing position. Right now it is at about 80 degrees....much better the 30 degrees. I have not yet hooked it up to another monitor but will soon it see if I get a clear picture on the external monitor. I'm sure I will.

Does anyone have any ideas for me of what I need to do to fix this problem? Do I need to replace something or am I just SOL?

Thanks for any advice.

Phil

Honor Student
iabowhunter
Message 2 of 3 (750 Views)

Re: HP dv9925nr screen issues........

Anyone know anything about this?

Provost
Huffer
Message 3 of 3 (748 Views)

Re: HP dv9925nr screen issues........

The external monitor is kind of a key diagnostic. I will assume it shows OK to an external monitor. If you can make the screen clear up by moving it, possibly it is nothing more than a loose video cable. Very fixable. Worst case it is a bad screen and even a new screen is not a huge issue...prices are down to under $150 for a replacement screen. Post back with any more questions after you have tried the external monitor test.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation