Question

Student
HDX16feng
Message 1 of 18 (34,053 Views)

HP webcam not working.

i upgraded my vista laptop HP HDX 16 to windows 7, and now my webcam dosnt work anymore, i installed few times the mediasmart webcam, it didnt work, and now i have the cyberlink youcam, which doesnt work either. When i open the webcam software, the light beside the webcam turns on, but nothing is shown in the webcam. can any one help?

Top Student
susyq
Message 2 of 18 (33,979 Views)

Re: HP webcam not working.

I have exactly the same issue after upgrading vista to W7 on my HP Pavillion dv2730. Please can anyone help me as I use skype daily whilst working overseas.

I've checked out the driver and it says I'm connected ok but when I test the camera to take a still photo, I get an error message from cyberlink saying "There is no available captured device". Mine does the same as the above posting in that the blue light comes when I am using skype as if its activated but the screen is black.

Intern
1bit
Message 3 of 18 (33,968 Views)

When you go to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers, do you see an webcam icon?  It probably won't say HP Webcam but more likely "USB Composite Device".  If it isn't there, you'll need to install driver software for the webcam to function.  If it is there then right click the icon, click on Properties and look at the General and Hardware tabs to make sure you see HP Webcam in there.  You may also want to check to see if it states that the "device is working properly".

Student
travis123
Message 4 of 18 (33,945 Views)

Hi everyone, Guess what same here,so I downloaded the driver from hp .

I got the Icon up in devices ,but still didn,t know if it  worked

I went to dailymotion.com downloaded a video, I right clicked

the video playing went into settings,clicked the webcam and it worked

I,m still working on, getting it to switch on in desktop.but I at least know that the

driver works..regards steveb

Student
Fox11
Message 5 of 18 (33,266 Views)

I too am having the same problem.  Upgraded to W7 and the webcam no longer works.  I have looked Devices and Printers and no webcam.  I have removed and reinstalled the drivers, but it still does not show up in Devices and Printers.  Also, in Skype or HP MediaSmart Webcam, the light next to the webcam comes on, but no image, just a black box.

How do I get it to show up in the Devices and Printers?

Honor Student
mmazeraty
Message 6 of 18 (33,210 Views)

Re: Compaq mini webcam not working.

I have a similar problem, but I havent changed anything....mine is a compaq mini 1100 webcan no longer works dont know what happened..but it seems to connect to windows movie maker but wont take shots...have been troubleshooting with hp support i hope they havent run out of ideas...

Student
MadsHansen
Message 7 of 18 (29,780 Views)
Intern
USAnnika
Message 8 of 18 (29,728 Views)

Re: Compaq mini webcam not working.

good advice, but how to remove that film? sounds like i have to disassemble the whole laptop

Student
kitkat817
Message 9 of 18 (24,707 Views)

Hi. i have a built in HP webcam & it works properly. i can't seem to find a program i can use to take pics/videos, although it works through MSN chat. i used to have one but i fogot what it was called & my laptop got upgraded. is there a program i can download to take pics with it?

Teacher
pctech33
Message 10 of 18 (23,439 Views)

Hello

Have a look at the link below, it should assist you in solving your problem.

http://myhpmini.com/forum/need-hp-mini-webcam-driver-t2529.html