Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended

I Have two kit and since I update to windows 8.1 both not working. Just keep saying Linking... of the TV. I have a HP DV6t-2300 CTO with nVidia 320M. I updated to the latest nvidia driver but still not working.At times windows detects the samsung tv as a second monitor. Any ideas on a solution?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The Solution: As stated previously, in the control panel go to Devices and Printers...go to the bottom to the Unspecified section...right click on HP Wireless Video Transmitter and select properties. Go to the Hardware Tab. In the device functions section Highlight HID-compliant vendor-defined device and click properties at the bottom. Click on Disable device at the bottom. The HP wireless transmitter and receiver connect properly automatically.

View solution in original post

57 REPLIES 57
HP Recommended
I also have 2 kits and am having exactly the issue with my Envy pc. I tried them on two different tv brands, just to try anything to get one to work but to no avail. This figures since it's the first time I actually found something worthwhile watching since I can remember. I think I still some warranty left so maybe I'll see what support has to say.
HP Recommended

Same issue with my ENVY DV6 and Sony Bravia HD TV.  Was working like a champ until I upgraded to Windows 8.1.  HP, do you have a tech solution?  Is it a driver issue?

HP Recommended

The only way I got this to work was to go back to windows 8.0. I guess windows 8.1 doesn't play well with WHDI.

HP Recommended
If you want to read the whole story about how I got my hp pc tv wireless back up and running then see please below. The nutshell version is that I went into my devices, clicked on the HP WIRELESS VIDEO TRANSMITTER icon, fumbled around in properties and disabled the device. As soon as I had disabled the device both blue lights came on and my link was fully established. I hope this works for you all.

I used to be Bartydom above but now I'm Dombarty because I couldn't manage to get logged in using Bartydom. Quick recap. I have 2 wireless connect kits both of which went utterly dead when I upgraded to 8.1 pro from 8. I was really bummed because I'm involuntarily home all day so I download movies and all, run them with VLC and watch them on my boob. After spending a couple of hours on chat help with HP, they determined that I would have to go back 8. But due to my inherent laziness, I had failed to back up msn 8 so there was no going back without a total reinstall of 8 which would have been a nightmare. Plus, I wanted to keep Media Center running. My simple mind was spinning with the alternative wireless products out there so I gave myself one last chance to make my HP work. Somehow I did it! Here's what I did; I went into my devices and started messing with the HP WIRELESS VIDEO TRANSMITTER properties. I disabled the device and as soon as I did so my link returned like a champ. I couldn't believe my luck because I had no idea what I was doing. I was tempted to experiment with re-enabling the device but I'm not going to tamper with it. I hope it holds up. The sound from the tv is skipping a little bit but that was beginning to happen before I upgraded to 8.1 pro anyway and I'll work on that later. So now I'm settling in to watch "Redemption" with David Straitham which I downloaded from the net. I hope this helps you all out.
HP Recommended
Where exactly is "disable" located... I can't find it.
HP Recommended
Go to control panel and click on the Display icon. On the next screen look at the bottom left for Devices and Printers. Click on that and the next screen should show you your devices and printers. Find HP WIRELESS VIDEO TRANSMITTER and right click on that. Go down to properties and click that and there you are. Look around in the General and Hardware tabs and start disabling whatever you see that can be disabled. I hope this helps.
HP Recommended

Disabling didn´t do the job for me... :mansad:

HP Recommended

Ramvoo and Sebastian1979

I have looked into the issue you are having with your HP Wireless TV Connect 2 and the new Windows 8.1 upgrade and here is what I have found. Neither HP nor GeForce have created drivers for any operating system except Windows 7. Although, the computer and TV may have worked with Windows 8 it would have most likely been still using the Windows 7 drivers. Unfortunately, the upgrade to Windows 8.1 at this time is too much and the drivers are not compatible.

I would recommend going back to the last operating system you were successfully using with a restore point and keep checking back to see if new driver become available for your video graphics card. I am listing both the HP Drivers page so you can check back periodically to see if new drivers have become available.

HP Pavilion dv6t-2300 CTO Entertainment Notebook PC Drivers

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?cc=us&lc=en&product=4121249

I am also including how to restore your computer back to a previous restore point for you titled “Using Microsoft System Restore (Windows 8)” below.

Using Microsoft System Restore (Windows 😎

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03327545

Please feel free to re-post if you have any further questions or concerns.

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

Find out a bit more about me by checking out my profile!

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter
HP Recommended
I am really sorry to hear that. Maybe I just caught a quirk in my system. But I will say that when I logged on one day and my tv and computer would not connect I went back in to Devices and Printers and checked Wireless Video Transmitter icon and low and behold the driver had re-enabled itself. As soon as I disabled it the tv pc connection became established again. Smooth sailing ever since.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.