Question

Honor Student
smokyjoe2000
Message 1 of 4 (2,214 Views)

Horizontal lines across the screen of my pavilion dv2500

Hi there,

No doubt there is already a post for this issue but i have been unable to find it so i would be grateful if someone could point me in the right direction. If not then here is the issue:-

I had my motherborad replaced about 2 months ago (paid for by currys) due to it failing and the computer not starting up. The laptop is just about 2 years old now. Everything has been working absolutly smashing for two months when all of a sudden i started to get horizontal lines running accross the whole of the screen, If i move my mouse they start to get worse and it is then difficut to see whats on my screen. I shut down the laptop and left it for an hour and then i switched it back on and everything was fine for the next 2 or 3 days but it has now started happening again and no matter what i do i can't get rid of these lines. Even typing this the lines are moving about allover the place.

Has anyone got any ideas as to what may be causing this because it is driving me insane!

Many thanks.

Honor Student
smokyjoe2000
Message 2 of 4 (2,141 Views)

Re: Horizontal lines across the screen of my pavilion dv2500

Can someone please help me with issue.

Thanks.

Honor Student
JasonLucy
Message 3 of 4 (2,136 Views)

I've been told by HP support that I'd have to send in my dv9207 for a new GPU.

However, here is a temporary solution:

Start your PC in Safe Mode - F5 then F8 after the HP boot screen.

Go to Devices and disable the Graphics Adapter and reboot.

Your system should then be able to boot to VGA or SVGA using Windows drivers.  Then you can save all the files you need before working on other solutions.

Hope this helps.

I too am amazed at the lack of responsibility related to these issues.

Student
winterburn
Message 4 of 4 (2,096 Views)

Even I am facing this problem and my pc is just about 1 year old...out of warranty.

this is really disappointing .

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation