Question

Student
krishna22211
Message 1 of 2 (90 Views)

How can I disable the Nvidia Gpu on my HP 14-d002tx Notebook PC

I want to disable the Dedicated Nvidia Gpu of my HP 14-d002tx Notebook PC, I checked the bios for this but, There is no option to enable/disable the Dedicated/external gpu of laptop .  I don't want it because I am a programmer, I never play games or use multimedia apps on my laptop.

I want to save the battery by disabling the gpu. Please provide me the BIOS UPDATE containing the option to disable the Dedicated/external Gpu for the "HP 14-d002tx Notebook PC ".

I request the HP Team to provide me the option to disable/enable the External GPU in the bios of HP 14-d002tx Notebook PC .

-Krishna chippa

HP Support Agent
Futoji
Message 2 of 2 (55 Views)

Re: How can I disable the Nvidia Gpu on my HP 14-d002tx Notebook PC

Hello krishna22211, welcome to the HP Forums.

I see that you're looking to disable the NVIDIA graphics. I will try to assist you with this.

Here is the latest BIOS update for your notebook :
    HP Notebook System BIOS Update (Intel Processors).

If you update and the option is not there to disable/enable, to still try and minimize power consumption of the NVIDIA GPU, you could try any of the following:

Disable the drivers in Device Manager, or uninstall it.

Go into the NVIDIA control center and reduce the settings from in there.

Create a power custom power plan, that reduces power for graphics.

I hope this is able to help.
Thank you for posting on the HP Forums.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" at the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping!

Futoji
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation