Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended

My son in law was using his laptop when it suddenly switched from landscape to vertical monitor orientation.  He doesn't know what he did or how to change it back.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please try this first

Hold down BOTH Ctrl and Alt keys, then hit an arrow (right or left)

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

This was helpful but I needed to use the up/down arrows to achieve the desired outcome. Thank you

HP Recommended
I also had this issue recently, was cleaning the keyboard of my HP and the screen flipped horizontal. I had to hold down the Ctrl key + Alt key as stated but I think its important to note the Up Arrow Key is the one that should be pressed in conjunction with those.
HP Recommended
These keys do nothin and didnt the last time this happened 3 years ago. I have a probook 4545 and the latest windows 10 updaye which is what screwed this up
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.