Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

how do i turn on my intergrated webcam

HP Recommended
Please try this one.... http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02452221
Regards,
WW
“I am an HP Employee“
***** Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem***
HP Recommended

HP Recommended

HP Recommended

Hi, I got A big Problem Since  Hp technical support sent me back my computer from a previous repair ,And the cam doesn`t work properly

hpff.png

HP Recommended

WHAT IF MY WEBCAM DOES NOT SHOW UP IN THE DEVICE MANAGER? How do I reinstall it?

HP Recommended

Have y ou tried using hte HP Recovery Manager? From Windows 7 Start Menu, enter Recovery

1. select HP Recovery Manager
  2. click to allow Windows to run if necessary
  3. click Driver and Applications reinstall
  4. scroll down to Applications and click to check Cyberlink YouCam
  5. click Install on the bottom left - it will take about 5 minutes to install
  6. reboot and see if that helps

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

FAILURE OF THE WEBCAM IS OFTENTIMES (MOST LIKELY) DUE TO THE INTERNAL VID CONNECTION BECOMING LOOSE.

At YOUR OWN RISK:

YOU HAVE TO TAKE APART THE 'BEZEL' (the plastic around the front of screen) IN ORDER TO RECONNECT THE LAME LOOSE CONNECTOR.  (You need to be somewhat gentle prying it apart because the teeny tiny little 'tabs' that hold it together can break off.)  THIS CONNECTOR IS LOCATED AT THE *TOP* OF THE SCREEN, INSIDE.  SEE THE PICTURE IN THIS POST... (but do not fuss with the 'inverter' at the bottom of the screen... the link provided below the picture is a further disassembly... just get the bezel open at the TOP and fix the loose connection).

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Display-and-Video/no-webcam-detected-on-my-hp-pavilion-dv6-615...

SOMEWHERE ALONG THE BOTTOM CORNERS OF YOUR SCREEN ARE GLOSSY, FLUSH 'PLUGS' HIDING THE SCREWS (all you may see is an outline). YOU NEED TO PRY OFF THE PLUGS (using a push pin, or needle), THEN UNSCREW THE TWO SCREWS UNDERNEATH... AND FINALLY, USE A GUITAR PIC OR SIMILAR SMALL THIN PLASTIC WEDGE TO PRY APART THE BEZEL FROM THE BACKING.  THERE ARE SMALL 'TABS' THAT CAN BREAK OFF IF YOU'RE TOO ROUGH.  THERE MAY ALSO BE SOME DOUBLE-STICK TAPE IN ONE SPOT (so it will be more difficult to peel apart in those spots).  PRY THE BEZEL OFF AND THEN SQUEEZE THE WHITE CONNECTOR BACK TOGETHER AS IN THE PICTURE LINKED TO ABOVE.

I SUGGEST PERHAPS A SPOT OF GLUE OR SILICONE OR...SOMETHING.

I AM "SHOUTING" IN CAPS BECAUSE, I HAVE TO DO THIS FOR THE SECOND TIME.  

THIS TIME I'M GOING TO TRY TO GLUE IT TOGETHER.

Sigh.

HP Recommended

just that youcam is not configured to use your integrated webcam.

Please click ok when you see the error, go to settings in youcam, click drop downlist under the capture device. select HP webcam, click OK. that should make it work.

Regards,
WW
“I am an HP Employee“
***** Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem***
HP Recommended

wow , it takes 4 months or more to answer a simple question . Seriously this forum is useless, even worst HP disappointed me , they just messed up with my laptop and the only answer was send a video to see the problem. What a jocke. BYE HP for Ever

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.