Question

Honor Student
Sashikant
Message 1 of 3 (690 Views)

How to configure pavilion g6 1201-tx for fixed mode graphics .

Is there any bios version for pavilion g6 1201-tx to configure it for fixed mode graphics ,does this notebook support this operation under bios version f.62 and amd driver version 8.882.2.0 .

Regents Professor
AttackofZaq
Message 2 of 3 (659 Views)

Re: How to configure pavilion g6 1201-tx for fixed mode graphics .

[ Edited ]

Hello Sashikant.  I understand you're trying to enable fixed mode on your G6.

I am pretty sure that this option is not available in the BIOS on this model.  However, there is a newer BIOS available (F.66) so you should update your BIOS to the most current version.  Then you should check your settings again to see if the option is there.

However, you can right-click on your Desktop and select "switchable graphics" and the option may be there.  This would reset on reboot.  

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.  I hope you have a great day!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

Honor Student
Tahanat
Message 3 of 3 (443 Views)

Re: How to configure pavilion g6 1201-tx for fixed mode graphics .

i have un pavilion g6 1114ek

bios F.66

Intel i5

radeon graphics 6470m with driver Unifl 13.8 beta 1 (working good with no errors)

windows 8.1 64bit :smileyhappy:

i have read many tutorial to turn on Fixed graphic mode with the bios but didn't find this option :smileysad:

and i can't turn it on with the catalyst control center (i can't find it too !)

is there any update for the bios or for the graphic driver (the official driver of hp and amd dosen't work only unifl work)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation