Question

Top Student
matissd
Message 1 of 5 (16,366 Views)

How to disable Intel HD Graphics?

I have HP Pavilion dv6-3025sy. It has Intel HD graphics and ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650. They both conflict with each other all the time. Once I restart and i have intel hd grphcs then ATI and it does not matter that i have everything always set to ATI (with or without power cable). I cant launch Catalyst and I cant switch graphics because that feature does not work. I have all HP updates, everthing is up-to-date and I even tryed to uninstall all the drivers and reinstall them from manufacturers sites and still nothing works. Also I tryed to disable Intel HD in BIOS but there is no such feature there. I bought this computer in september because all my friends said HP is the best. Now I know that I will never buy HP if this problem cant be fixed. Why anyone on earth would want 2 graphical cards in a laptop if neither cant be switched off? I know that I will never use Intel HD card even if im on battery somewhere. Why cant I switch it of permanently?

Distinguished Professor
Cyclops
Message 2 of 5 (16,345 Views)

Re: How to disable Intel HD Graphics?

The intel graphics does not come into play till you dont get on battery power. To stop that from happening what you can do is uncheck 'automatically select power-saving GPU when on battery'...

Here is screenshot of what I am talking about...

configure.png

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with 'Accept as Solution', if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
Top Student
matissd
Message 3 of 5 (16,304 Views)

yeah yeah. the only problem is that most of the time i dont have switchable graphics there. and when i have it there, then it cant be launched. so yeah. that helps nothng.

Top Student
matissd
Message 4 of 5 (16,231 Views)

does anyone from HP ever read this?

Student
Victorelias1305
Message 5 of 5 (10,307 Views)

Hey i'm having the same issue as you (Roughly) i bought my HP Pc to play pc games, watch movies and such...

Works great problem is just (same as you) that i cant turn off my Intel HD graphic card, and there seems to be some trouble with it, cooperating with my ATI card (As far as i know the whole idea with switchable graphics was that u use the HD card for power saving programs and ur ATI "Main card" for gaming and more power consuming programs...

This issue is killing me cause i wanna play SWTOR and it tries to run it on my HD card which gives me Horrible fps even on lowest settings, And to be honest i've been struggling for way to long to get this to work (game booster, advanced systemcare, HP update, ATI update etc. And NOTHING works, NOTHING solves the Switchable graphics issue..

I just can't turn Swtor.exe to "High performance" it keeps being assigned as "Not assigned" when i click the "Gem" button to chance it to "High performance",save the option changes and close the program it goes back to "Not assigned" ITS SO FRUSTRATING! 

I bought my HP In september: Here are my specs

HP dv7-6141eo

2nd gen. intel core i7 2630qm (2.0ghz)

640gb hdd

6144 mb ddr3 sdram

Ati radeon 6770M 1gb video card

Minimum Requirements.

Processor:

• AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 4000+ or better
  • Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0GHz or better
  • Operating System: Windows XP or later

RAM:

• Windows XP: 1.5GB RAM
  • Windows Vista and Windows 7: 2GB RAM

Note: PCs using a built-in graphical chipset are recommended to have 2GB of RAM.
Star Wars: The Old Republic requires a video card that has a minimum of 256MB of on-board RAM as well as support for Shader 3.0 or better. Examples include:

• ATI X1800 or better
  • nVidia 7800 or better
  • Intel 4100 Integrated Graphics or better
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation