Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

my touchscreen has stopped working, how can i fix it

@bataki wrote:

It's not advisable installing the optional windows updates as can make some things stop working. I would restore the pc just as it came from the store. Then check how well it works everything, and than I would update only what really needed. After the correct windows updates? I would check HP drivers (updating only if something doesn't work fine).

The PC comes with windows 8 or windows 8.1? How good is that model? Is it so good as the HP omni 10 or the Asus T100?

HP Recommended

I know this may seem strange, but I had a lot of problems with my pavilion 21 and touch screen.  I just cleaned my screen with the screen cleaner I purchased and it started working again.. coincidence? all I know is that it still works.

HP Recommended
problem same with me until this posting still problem. last i remember after install firmware for touch panel cannot operate any more. in uefi test failed my notebook hp 10 e017au
HP Recommended

My smart hp  laptop decided too disable the touch screen and despite the updating and resetting to factory setings and hp restore the touch screen still does not operate. has anyone actually restored this facility or is it a waste of time trying?  my hp identity is devilsloop - not spooky simply the title of a  book I penned - that did not work either

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.