Question

Honor Student
stephaniee
Message 1 of 5 (3,807 Views)

How to turn on my webcam on HP ENVY dv6-7210us Notebook PC?

my webcam comes on and off randomly,. I open the cyberlink youcam and sometimes the camera is off, so i close it and after an hour or a day the camera comes on by itself.. How can I keep it on?

Dean
Dragon-Fur
Message 2 of 5 (3,790 Views)

Re: How to turn on my webcam on HP ENVY dv6-7210us Notebook PC?

The connection may be faulty - there is no software fix for a bad connection. 

On the other hand, there is no precedent for a webcam program suddenly "coming on" by itself, either.  I can understand the camera connection randomly connecting and disconnecting - it is somewhat disturbing in context, but I can see how it might happen.  I cannot see how the software program could do that without some sort of malware or other interference - that is, some other program or instruction causing the camera program to start up at random times.

Either way, I suggest that you:

Good Luck!

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Click the Kudos Star to say Thanks!

When it "works",

Click this Post "Accept as Solution" to make it easier for others to find a Solution.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
Honor Student
stephaniee
Message 3 of 5 (3,774 Views)

that's exactly what I meant, that it disconnects and connects on its own... right now it's not connected, how can I connect it ?
Honor Student
stephaniee
Message 4 of 5 (3,770 Views)

and I also don't have the Imaging devices option
Dean
Dragon-Fur
Message 5 of 5 (3,765 Views)

Hi Stephaniee,

I understand "not having an imaging devices Option" as you saying you do not have the Driver installed??

I can assure you that the webcam must have the driver installed and you must be able to see the "Imaging Devices" in the Device Manager or this is just not going to work as you need.

If you missed this in the Troubleshooting guide, I can show you how to find and download the Cyberlink software:

Download New Driver for your Webcam:

• Go to the top of the HP forum page to Support and Drivers
  • Enter your Computer Model information, and then go to Software and Drivers...
  • Enter your Operating System in the Drop-down menu...  Scroll down
  • Look for category Software - Multimedia
  • Select the appropriateCyberlink YouCam Software OR MediaSmart Webcam Software – if available for your system
  • Save the appropriate *.exe installation package on your computer

NOTE the name and the location - the *.exe file will likely save to "Downloads “

• Install the Software / Driver installation package:  If you have ‘Admin’ control, you may highlight the package(s) and “double-click” to install, else Right-Click, Select ‘run as Administrator’ and install.

NOTE:  There is sometimes a lot of information at the computer’s website.  Be sure to take an extended look at what’s available.

======================================================================================

• Reboot / Restart the computer after you install the driver for the webcam and log in.

Check to see if you can get the webcam to work on command:

Testing a Webcam using Your Favorite Instant Messenger

There is only so much one can do on the software side -- all the steps are in the Troubleshooting Guide and if that doesn't fix it, then you need to call HP and ask for help.  There may be someting wrong with the webcam connection points.  That means, it could be hardware and need  repair.  It does happen - tiny little webcam wires get messed up pretty easy and things get broken, twisted, crushed -- all sorts of weird stuff happens to webcams.

Contact HP - Worldwide

Contact HP – USA - Phone Assistance

Warranty Required – USA and Canada

USA – Contact HP // Self-Help – Email - Chat

I hope this helps.

Click the Kudos Star to say Thanks!

When it "works",

Click this Post "Accept as Solution" to make it easier for others to find a Solution.

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation