Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Ive just recently brought a HP Envy laptop about 2 to 3 months ago, im already getting this 'dead pixel' problem. could this of been provented or is it a on going issue fault?
its never been dropped, stood on ect. i opened it one day and certian parts on the screen are now red..

HP Recommended

Hi Markymarkandthe,

If you are getting dead pixels and you have only had the computer for 2 or 3 months then please contact HP Total Care 1-800-474-6836 if you are in North America or visit the following link if you are overseas.

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html

Thank you,

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

In my case, it was absolutely not dead pixels. The screen could be moved one way and the darks would show a lot of scattered red pixels and the lights would have scattered cyan pixels. This was in no way "dead pixels". The screen could be tilted at about 15 degrees or so and all of that would disappear. The backlight was never the issue. The laptop was just a piece of **bleep** and they never wanted to fix it. It's still a piece of **bleep** right now. It's out of warranty and I could certainly fix it if I wanted to (take it apart, detatch/reattach ribbon, or replace screen, whatever) but what's the point? My phone does everything I need when I'm away and the PC that I built does everything I need when I'm home (not to mention it excels the quality of any PC HP could offer).

HP Recommended

Hey, I just recently started having this problem. I'm not sure if you mean it fixes the issue itself or ?? If so, I was wondering how long it took before it went back to normal, or if it just stayed the same?

HP Recommended

@emma_prizer

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. 
For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

As I understand there's a series of red pixels on the screen and you want to know if it can be removed,

And I wish it was that simple, however, it isn't as you would need to verify a number of red pixels on your screen with the HP Pixel policy
Then, contact the HP Phone support accordingly for a replacement panel.

(The service would be free of charge if your product is covered by the HP Warranty)

HP and Compaq LCD Monitors, HP TouchSmart PCs, and All-in-One PCs - HP Pixel Policy

HP Notebook PCs and Tablets - About LCD Panel Defects and Terminology for Notebook PCs and Tablets

You may contact the HP Phone support using this link: Click here

I hope you have a good day ahead,
And Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.
Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Your computer must need a rest because you might of overused it for 2 years like me Just give it a day and night to fix its self worked for me.

HP Recommended

I have a similar problem on an HP dv7-3165. I think it's probably a broken trace in the screen flex cable or maybe a dead driver transistor, so a new screen would likely fix it.

However I went to the ATI Catalyst control panel and played with the display brightness and color settings. I tweaked saturation from 100 to 104 and brightness from 0 to +12. These settings took the screen away from the region where the red halo was appearing. It didn't fix the screen per se but you don't see the problem any more. It still shows complete red when booting up. Just pure dumb luck that I found that fix. Saved me a hundred bucks in parts alone for this old laptop.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.