Hybrid graphics BIOS options (327 Views)
Honor Student
delsus
Message 1 of 1 (327 Views)

Hybrid graphics BIOS options

[ Edited ]

Can anyone tell me if this will work on my HP Pavilion DV6 3182ea laptop, probably a stupid question, http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Display-and-Video/Official-HP-statement-on-Switchable-Graphics...

I am running Ubuntu 12.04 in a dual boot configuration however the hybrid graphics is messing everything up with the FGLRX driver (causing boot problems because X is incorrectly configured because it is using the integrated graphics.)

If it will not work we need a BIOS upgrade for all hybrid graphics laptops I spent £600 on this laptop and I do not want to he held back by HP's choices of which laptops can have this BIOS update.

HP has by fat the worst implementation of hybrid graphics I have seen, and until I see this fixed mode graphics option I will never recomend HP hybrid graphics laptops.

EDIT: I am running the most current BIOS version F.29 listed on my product page, and I do not have a fixed mode graphics option in my BIOS.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation