Question

Honor Student
Marko80
Message 1 of 6 (835 Views)

I need a non-widescreen laptop!

Are there any non-widescreen laptops for sale anymore? I have seen in the markets mostly 15.6" laptops with screen resolution 1366x768 pixels with aspect ratio 16:9. In my opinion these kind of screens are quite useless because they are not suitable for everyday use. My old laptop has a screen resolution of 1280x800 pixels and its screen is better with higher vertical resolution. The 16:9 aspect ratio may be better for watching movies, but I don't watch movies with a laptop. For laptops, I would prefer the 16:10 or 4:3 aspect ratios, but not 16:9. You can still buy non-widescreen LCD displays for desktops computers and I would also like the same possibility for laptops.

Teacher
dave1812
Message 2 of 6 (822 Views)

Re: I need a non-widescreen laptop!

You and are must be in the minority!   I'd love to have a 16:10 or 4:3 also...

Honor Student
Marko80
Message 3 of 6 (817 Views)

I would like to give feedback to HP about this issue. Do they have any e-mail address or where can I find their contact information? Not contact information for any reseller or local office, I want to give feedback directly to the people resposible for the development of the laptops.

Teacher
dave1812
Message 4 of 6 (810 Views)

I doubt any of the panel mfgrs are making 4:3 or 16:10 panels any longer, so it  is useless to complain to HP.

Retired
SedonaF
Message 5 of 6 (807 Views)

Hi Marko 80

Welcome to the HP Consumer Support Community.

This is a peer-to-peer community for customers to connect and share solutions regarding their HP products. If you have additional or direct feedback for HP about their products or services, please use the link below.

http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/wwcontact_us.html

If you have other questions and concerns about using the forum, please feel free to send me a private message.

Thank you.

Clicking the "Kudos star" to the left is a great way to say thanks!

When your problem has been solved, accept the solution by clicking the "Accept as Solution" button to help other members in the future!

Rules of Participation
Student
speedball99
Message 6 of 6 (525 Views)

Please sign the following petition to restore a standard option for 4:3 laptop display aspects: 

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/BringBack43Laptops/

Many need 4:3 to work with documents on a laptop.  16:9 is fine to watch a movie, but it is ridiculous not to make 4:3 options for computing, and especially laptops (maximize portable, usable space).  Even if you like 16:9, please sign the petition for a 4:3 option.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation